Nad C326BEE much hotter then a Nad C316BEE

gasolin

At the moment i'm trying a Nad C326BEE and i'm surprised that it get't much hotter then a Nad C316BEE

Is there a reason why it get's so much hotter then a Nad C316BEE

I know both amps are old models, about 5 -6 years atleast, is there gonna be new nad models this year?

gasolin

Forgot to look on whathifi, i just had to use google search instead of whathif since the search function is not that good on whathifi

What about new models amps from nad is normal to have models with so longe lifetime before a new models

Isn't 5-6 years a long time?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
gasolin said:
Forgot to look on whathifi, i just had to use google search instead of whathif since the search function is not bthat good on whathifi

What about new models amps from nad is normal to have models with so longe lifetime before a new models

More like 7 years (or more). WHF? reviewed it in March 2009.

But if it works?

They have their digital amps (D3020, D7050 etc.) for those seeking something a bit newer.

gasolin

chebby said:
gasolin said:
Forgot to look on whathifi, i just had to use google search instead of whathif since the search function is not bthat good on whathifi

More like 7 years (or more). WHF? reviewed it in March 2009.

But if it works?

They have their digital amps (D3020, D7050 etc.) for those seeking something a bit newer.

Power wise they are just not the same as there regular amp

TrevC

gasolin said:
At the moment i'm trying a Nad C326BEE and i'm surprised that it get't much hotter then a Nad C316BEE

Is there a reason why it get's so much hotter then a Nad C316BEE

I know both amps are old models, about 5 -6 years atleast, is there gonna be new nad models this year?

Different bias / quiescent current settings are the most likely explanation.

MeanandGreen

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
gasolin said:
Power wise they are just not the same as there regular amp

Unfortunately at this price point you can't have everything. NAD do some much more powerful digital amps, but they cost.

The C326 BEE is part of my main system. It's been in production for a good few years, but it's a very good amplifier. Integrated amplifiers were well estebalished decades ago, so a design that is a few years old is still a bit of a spring chicken IMO.

The C326 runs pretty hot and it's normal for this amplifier. Personally I think it's combination of on paper specs, 7 line inputs, a set of pre outs and sub outs make it a very versatile hub for any system. It also has an excellent headphone output. I would say it's the best amplifier under £500 personally. I really like the tone defeat being available on the remote control too.

An external DAC can be always utilised for digital duties, so the D3020 etc... Isn't really a worthy of being considered as a replacement IMO as it lacks so much else that the C326 has.

Also the What Hi Fi review for the C326 BEE is utter nonsense as far as I'm concerned. Complete twadle based on what someone decided to make up to write about. "Boxers heavy bag" WTF?!

The amp has a flat responce of +/- 0.2db so this "bass heavy" tonal balance they waffle about is fabricated too. It sounds nothing other than well balanced. It's an excellent amp you should get a lot of enjoyment from it, I've had mine for 3 years and won't be changing it ever.

gasolin

I do find it a bit bassy but not by much(mabye i'm biased by reading the whathifi review), it's more like it's giving you a bit extra without using the tone controls,eq

It has a fullbodied sound without the midrange always sounding like leonard cohen,barry white from male vocalist that doesn't have a deep voice, i like much more the more neutral full bodied sound from nad then the sound from marantz PM6005, it's got a very open sound, exactly that sound characteristic makes it sound bright and it doesn't have the good bottom,bass a nad amp has, all that makes it sound bright and thin most of the time,not the case with nad amps

Most Nad amps have even at max power often a dynamic head room of 3 db, some much more and that's why i may feel nad amps sound big Nad c316BEE 90-95 watt dynamic in 8ohm Marantz PM6005 60watt rms in 4ohm

TrevC

gasolin said:
Most Nad amps have even at max power often a dynamic head room of 3 db, some much more and that's why i may feel nad amps sound big Nad c316BEE 90-95 watt dynamic in 8ohm Marantz PM6005 60watt rms in 4ohm

You mean they don't quote the actual maximum power output but a lower figure?

gasolin

TrevC said:
gasolin said:

Not shure what you exactly mean, most nad amp has a dynamic power of 3 db or more above rms rated wattage from 20-20.000hz

TrevC

gasolin said:
TrevC said:
gasolin said:

Not shure what you exactly mean, most nad amp has a dynamic power of 3 db or more above rms rated wattage from 20-20.000hz

It's marketing. Don't worry about it.

MeanandGreen

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Their power ratings are usually on the safe side. I've often seen lab tests showing RMS output a good 10-15W higher than the specs sheet.

NAD do give a peak output rating for their amps along with the RMS at the full frequency range and low THD. They give a better picture of the facts than some manufactures making gear twice the price.

I agree with Gasolin that the need to tweak bass controls is redundant on these amplifiers, but that should be the case with any good amplifier and speaker pairing.

Enjoy your open, balanced and substantialy weighty sound at any volume. I've been a NAD fan for about 16 years and will always be biased in favour towards their amplifiers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts