NAD C325BEE

matthewpiano

Well the PM4001 has gone back and I've gone up to a NAD C325BEE which is currently playing Joni Mitchell through the Cambridge Audio S30s. What a wonderful combination!! I put The Planets by Holst on before intending only to listen to Mars, but ended up listening to the entire work. Soundstaging is the best I've ever heard and, IMO, this sounds like far more expensive gear than it really is. The Cambridge Audio speakers are a miracle and sound better than anything I have had before (including £380 Quad 11Ls and the MA Bronze 2s). Now my system is really starting to take proper shape and I'm absolutely blown away by the quality and sheer musicality of the NAD.

matthewpiano

Cheers! Going even further to the dark side next week. I've just got a deal on a C521BEE CD player (brand new old stock) and a PP-2 phono stage from my local dealer and will be picking them up with the Pro-ject Genie next week. Can't wait!

nads

060619152549-1200-C325BEE_rear.jpg

A tip for you. one of the biggest changes i found was replacing the steel jumpers (black plastic covered in the above picture) with some proper Jumper cable such as the Tara Labs RSC links (or was that rcs?)

also have a look at the PP3.

matthewpiano

[quote user="nads"]
060619152549-1200-C325BEE_rear.jpg

A tip for you. one of the biggest changes i found was replacing the steel jumpers (black plastic covered in the above picture) with some proper Jumper cable such as the Tara Labs RSC links (or was that rcs?)

also have a look at the PP3.[/quote]

Cheers Nads. Any other NAD advice you can share is always greatly appreciated. I'm LOVING this amp. It just makes me want to keep listening to music!!

A

Anonymous

Hello,
Just joined and got to add...
I've just replaced my old NAD3020 now retired to my son's room. Only 29 years old and still kicks A*s. I bought a NAD C325BEE amp (Are there any other amps out there ;-))and B & W 685 speakers. Added to NAD 521i CD player Linn Basik and Akito arm. I am now relistening to my music collection. This stuff is good... I went with the reviews and got the B & W 685's and I just new the amp would be good...
I hadn't heard of the jumper thing though... please tell more...

Steve...

nads

[quote user="stevet"]
I hadn't heard of the jumper thing though... please tell more...

Steve...[/quote]

steve see the image above? see the two black plastic covered steel connectors that bridge the pre out and the main in ( my old 3130 did not have the plastic. Well if they are replaced with some better quality "Jumpers" i found it liberated the top end. Well worth the 30 odd quid it cost.

A

Anonymous

Thanks,
I bought some crimson chord for interconnects (I think that's what they were called) is that the kind of stuff your on about.
Cable seems a bit long to replace 2 jumpers....

Steve...

nads

[quote user="stevet"]Thanks,
I bought some crimson chord for interconnects (I think that's what they were called) is that the kind of stuff your on about.
Cable seems a bit long to replace 2 jumpers....

Steve...[/quote]

Nope.

here is a pic of some Tara labs missing links and some tara labs spectrum 2a interconnects. guess you can see which is used for the pre to main connection (jumpers) ;)

A

Anonymous

Nads,
Been searching the web to find the missing links (No pun intended ;-)) I think I've got to go with them just to test if nothing else.
Do you know where to buy them or a web link. All I find is interconnects between amp, cd player, etc...
Any help would be good... Steve...

nads

steve sorry Not in the UK but i know that someone else bought something similar in the UK but it was not the Tara labs ones.

but for your info full name TARA LABS RSC Missing Link and link to where i got mine ;) http://www.hifiklubben.se/produkter/kablar/signal/tara_labs_rsc_missing_link_kabel_.htm

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts