NAD C320 BEE lack of bass !

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all, I had the legendary NAD 320 amp for many years. Then I decided to upgrade to NAD C320BEE due to the lack of a CD input on the NAD 320.

I have a pair of old AR 18LS speakers.

Is it my imagination or NAD C 320 BEE lacks bass ! Or is it the compination with the speakers ? I am hearing a very thin sound, bass is very very poor ! Any suggestions please ?

Thanks

Yiannis

A

Anonymous

I use the tone controls as always to the middle position.

Yiannis

A

Anonymous

Mine doesn't lack bass, though I don't have very bassy speakers. I suspect the 3020 may have put out more, but less controlled bass, whereas the 320 goes for control. Should be fine with your speakers, by the way. Also, you're right in defeating the tone controls.

nads

yianeco:
Hi all, I had the legendary NAD 320 amp for many years. Then I decided to upgrade to NAD C320BEE due to the lack of a CD input on the NAD 320.

it would have had an input that you could use. any line in would work.

But yes the NAD sound has changed over the years and i did not get on with all of the BEE versions.

crusaderlord

Apr 29, 2008
Visit site
I have a NAD C320 BEE and it certainly doesnt lack bass. I also used to have a older NAD 302 and found the C320 had more power, control and better defined bass.

NAD are rarely considered bass shy especially compared to other budget amps - in fact they are usually considered amongst the best for bass.

Start by checking the interconnect connections are secure and that the speakers are wired up correctly and not out of phase. Also the old NAD would certainly have had a CD line input - you can use almost any line input as the CD one eg tuner, aux, tape etc

A

Anonymous

I have a C320BEE and have already posted to say I thought it lacked bass compared to my old Cambridge Audio A5.

The tone controls on this NAD are useless, they make it sound very muffled and IMO are poor quality. The tone controls on the old CA made the bass deeper without being muffled.

Anyway, I've got used to the sound but still feel it lacks bass in some songs. As I was not satisfied, I auditioned 3 pairs of speakers (Quad 12L2, MA BR2, B&W 685) and decided to stick with my own B&W DM601 S3. I also ended up buying a DacMagic and didnt hear the improvements over my current source (iPod) that people were saying so returned it.

Guess I'm stuck with this now...

Let us know if you find a solution!

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
I have a NAD C326BEE with some Dali Lektor 2 speakers. The bass is awesome, very articulate and never starts booming. The bass of the Rotel RA-04 was very good but this sounds even better.

A

Anonymous

Jazzy when you said the dac magic made no difference, were you comparing your ipod, to the dac magic played with lossless from your computer?

idc

Sorry that this is off topic, but Jazzy I am with hi fi newbie and do not understand how a DacMagic fitted into your system and I am amazed that if you compared the ipod with a PC/DacMagic as a source that the ipod won.

Have tried playing with the eq on the ipod? There are loads of settings to fine tune the sound and increase bass.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts