Nad C316bee v2

gasolin

To my surprise i so today that nad have made a Nad C316BEE V2 , couldn't find anything on whathifi about the Nad C316BEE v2 (or nad's own website), to my surpise there was a phono stage meaning the time has changed and turntables are getting more popular,important to have in a amp, i just wonder if it's any good since the price is about the same as the old Nad C316BEE that doesn't have a phono stage/preamp

NAD-C316BEE-V2-GRA.jpg

gasolin

BigH said:
So you are thinking of changing your amp just to get a phono stage? Phono stages are not that expensive.

No i have an amp with a phono stage.

I just so today the Nad C316BEE was updated and because i didn't knew that and didn't find anything on whathifi, even on nad's website i couldn't find the amp, i thought it was worth mentioning

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I thought the old 316 was very good when I heard it in a shop many years ago. It used that odd 'light bulb' inside for part of the amplification to cut some cost but with no or little compromise compared to the next model up.

I remember recommending it a few times.

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Glad to see an update after so long. I like the fact it now has the phono stage like the original 3020A had and its quite a sleek, small design. A couple of things I would change however, are that the new V2 version has a volume control where you can't easily see the vol. level. I wish they had brought back the LED lights like the original 3020A had and clear markings on the vol. control. Maybe a basic DAC wouldn't go a miss either in this day and age. I notice the C326BEE is actually £50 cheaper now than the C316BEE V2! Another thing worth mentioning is that NAD are never go to sell these in high numbers if they limit which dealers they use. e.g. I can't see the new one being as successful as the 3020A from the 80's unless they sell to all well know HiFi stores.

gasolin

First impression in the shop was on a pair of Dali opticon 6 could have been rubicon 6 they both look the same

From the speakers van den hul clear water and from the amp it looked like qed original that i find soft in the upper midragne,lower tweeter to the switch board if it's called that with speakon plugs

Non of the speaker where hard to driver big and small dali,B&W

Darker sounding than the Denon PMa-720AE and somehow a bit more punchy bass

Denon slightly brighter and and less punchy bass, there was something different about the bass (which speaker cable they used from the denon amp to the speakon connection i did look for).

Both of them are not bright sounding and gain from the source might not have been full power since many amps play max even at 10-11 o'clock, which non of them did.

Nad amp bass 50% down and treble at max (100hz and 10khz my nad 3020i is 50hz (real bass, not midbass) and 10khz) the sound got clearer and not bass heavy (fairly big room) but again never really bright.

Gonna try the new nad later with my Q acoustics 2010i's

gasolin

No but i want to try it with the Q Acoustics

My Mission LX-2 i drove (right word?) them with my nad 3020i, i needed a bit more power, they could play loud but not really loud, since the sensitivity isn't to high from the mission lx-2's but the bass i very good, could buy a power amp which power amp, where to get it. used,new with or without warranty, could i return it ............ you know

I have been for the last 4-5 years (i guess) been a nad nerd Nad D3020 (got hot, the new D3020 V" stille have the in my opinion to firm volume knob), Nad C316BEE powerfull little amp, C326BEE where surpose to have more bass than the 316, it got hot even at idle or low volume, was to soft sounding for my emit M10, Nad 302 had coilwhine and was to bright (bought it cheap), nad c717 dvd system great little bargin for less than 100€, still use it, Nad 3020E was fairly cheap didn't have pre out and main in, Finally found what i first wanted, a 3020i im using and it sound better than the nad 3020e.

I need a phonostage and buying a C316BEE and an phonostage i could just as well have bought a new C316 BEE (i can return with in 14 days for a full refund)

I listen to the Denon PMA-720AE and the 316BEE V2, i wanted a slightly darker sound in a more power full amp since im gonna use speaker cables and speaker that are a little brighter than the ones used in the shop and also because i have no doubt the nad would be more punchy than the denon amp.

I forgot to mention that i wanted to know how good it is, if the extra money (i could get a good price for my 3020i) is woth it, how much it's louder,more power full than my 3020i, if it's on the power side worth buying, difference is 2-4 db but irl would the newer amp have bigger balls than the 3020i.

The phono stage im shure is better since the old and new v2 Nad C316BEE (atleast where i live) cost the same when i could get them, when they where new.

gasolin

Nad C316BEE V2 connected to my pc as well as the Q acoustics 2010i, height of the speaker to low and to much refelctions from my desk

Q acosustics 2010i sounds better on my tv rack,furniture in front, so theres less reflections in the low frequencys and perfect for tv with my nad mini dvd c717 system

Yamaha HS7 95watt total from each speaker oh boy they are loud, can play bass and are clear open (slighty bright compared to the new nad c316 and q acosustics 2010i)

My Nad 3020i need's 150mV for max power in 8ohm, Nad C316 BEE V2 need's 200mV, guess 150mV would be 30 watt in 8 ohm? (C316bee v1 and v2 have 40 watt in 8ohm).

My nad c717 has 20/30watt in 6 ohm enough for tv and concerts.

First impression, sounds different and can't play more than loud.

One thing i remember about the first c316bee was that it could sound slightly bright, v2 doesn't sound bright like marantz,denon,cambridge, that's actually a good thing (mabye a good match for dali zensor), i use supra classic 2.5 speaker cable, inakustisk usb cable , Focusrite iTrack lightning soundcard and klotz inteconnect to the amp (klotz cable just under the best qualiy, supreme, best is high end) q acoustics 2010i and tidal hifi/youtube.

Not bright or above avarage in openess and clearity (still very new "burn in"), sounds very neutral, might make a difference on the finer details but it's undeniable an advantage, less intrusive,fattigue than bright sounding systems,amps at high volume, should not be a problem pairing it with speakers a bit to the brighter side or qed speaker cable, which i feel is to the brighter of the neutral side when you go above the qed original.

For the size of the Q acsoutsics 2010i the bass is quite punchy, enough for most people for a computer, even in a mid sized room there would be enough power/bass. Still my personal budget speakers,even above 3010, even when i have only heard the 3020.

Midrange sounds neutral no screaming,shouting about the midrange

After more than 2 hours im getting use to the bass,the max power and the more neutral sound, as often the sound could change more after more hours of burn in.

Neutal sound,good bass and power(watt), looks good,the quality of the amp feels above avarage, don't get hot as hell as the Nad C326BEE does.

What i don't like so much is the firm volume knob, not at al as light to use as my 3020i (still the same problem om both versions of the nad D3020), for me it isn't but for some it might be, theres no soft clipping, price where i live is close to the Marantz PM6006, where the PM6005 (i owned one) is brighter more open an there for could be the better choice, i did fell the bass even on my 8005 wasn't more than avarage a litte restrained,subtle

Even the marantz PM5005 which is about 1/3 cheaper than the new nad c316bee v2 have removable power cable so it's possible to upgrade it, i wouldn't mind that on the nad instead of the remote (power cable makes a sound difference a remote doesn't).

Wouldn't mind the price differnce was a little bit higher compared to the marantz PM6006, in my country 2299 for the nad and with a discount Marantz would cost 2499 of my currency.

Have to admit im a bit of a nad fanboy, have had including the ones i have now, 9 nad amps in less than 4 years

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts