NAD C315BEE and Dali Zensor

AndyJ61

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone Looking for a bit of advice. I have a NAD C315BEE amplifier and i am looking to purchase some new speakers.I like the look of the DALI Zensor 3's but also see that the Zensor 5 floorstanders would cost roughly the same as the 3's with good quality stands. So i am just wondering is my amp powerfull enough to power the Zensor 5's or am i better off sticking with the Zensor 3's. Also what is the main difference soundwise between floorstanders and stand mounts (sorry if this is a stupid question,pretty new to HiFi). I mainly listen to rock/metal and indie music. Thanks for your help in advance. Andy

lambopower

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I think the 3's have the 6.5" driver from the zensor 7. The z5 uses smaller ones, from the zensor 1 i think. I listened to both the 5 and the 7 and 5's sounded smaller with less bass.

I'd get the 3's with stand's. If i wanted floorstanders i'd go bigger then the 5s for sure.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
lambopower said:
I think the 3's have the 6.5" driver from the zensor 7. The z5 uses smaller ones, from the zensor 1 i think. I listened to both the 5 and the 7 and 5's sounded smaller with less bass.

I'd get the 3's with stand's. If i wanted floorstanders i'd go bigger then the 5s for sure.

I agree and disagree both at the same time....... :shifty:

I thought the 3s tighter and more rhythmic in the bass, the 7s a bit big and fat. I much prefered the 5s which I thought went deep enough in the bass for my taste.

Maybe in a bigger room the 7s might be more appropriate but anything smaller than about 15 x 12ft would see me choose the 5s.

FWIW; the Zensor 1 is my favourite cheap speaker, I have not hear the 3s, which were only just being released when I had my 'play' with the Dali range.

Viking

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I listened to the dali Zensor 3's, 5's and 7's and I would definitly go for the 5's. If you've got to spend 150-200 quid on stands, then why not put it towards some speakers which are better in the first place. They have really good levels of bass but not too much and mid's and highs are clear. Very good value speakers.

matthewpiano

Depends what you want. The 3s are tighter and more rhythmic than the 5s but go very low at the same time, but then I generally prefer standmounts to floorstanders. I actually don't think there is a model which is less than excellent in the whole Zensor range.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts