NAD C165BEE Pre-amp add to C355BEE integrated....?

biggus_1961

Nov 24, 2007
Visit site
I know that pre-amp and power amp do not seem to be that popular these days but as i already own a nad c355bee intergrated im curious as to weather it is worth adding the pre-amp to the intergrated amp.

A

Anonymous

I'd say definatly not! As you're just needlessly adding more components to the signal path and would be degrading the sound quality.

Adding an extra power amp to an integrated, yes, definatley. But not a pre amp...

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
TBH there's no point in turning the C355BEE into a power and cutting out the pre part; its a good amp as it is.

As above and IMO; adding the NAD C272 power amp would be the next upgrade in your system

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I don't know for sure but I read so many excellent reports of the C355BEE that I somehow doubt it is worthwhile.

How about adding a NAD power amp (C275) instead and bi-amping? Or spending out on the C545BEE CD player? (Reputedly a killer combination according to other forummers.)

biggus_1961

Nov 24, 2007
Visit site
Thanks guy's it seems that adding the pwr amp is the way to go which should suite the bw685 or bw683 speakers im about to buy, just carnt make up my mind yet as to which speaker to buy.

biggus_1961

Nov 24, 2007
Visit site
chebby:
I don't know for sure but I read so many excellent reports of the C355BEE that I somehow doubt it is worthwhile.

How about adding a NAD power amp (C275) instead and bi-amping? Or spending out on the C545BEE CD player? (Reputedly a killer combination according to other forummers.)

mmmmmm a new cdp..that reminds of the next step up above the c545, i forget the model number but the next one up has a digital in that i could connect itunes too..mmmmmm your helping me spend my wages chebby lol

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
If youre going for the 685's then i'd say that there wouldnt be that much in it if you added a power amp IMO

BUT

If youre going for the 683's then get the power amp, plug it in, sit back and enjoy!

The 683's will lap up the NAD power and spit it back at you with vengeance!

My mates got the same system apart from he's got the NAD C352 with a NAD C272 power amp and the B&W 683 speakers and a Rega Apollo CDP and the sound is stunning.

The bass weight is scary; i really thought he had his PV1 plugged in it was that deep and powerful! BUT... The bass is fully under control and its a superb listen, more so if youve got some of Masters at Work cranking through it all :)

biggus_1961

Nov 24, 2007
Visit site
Yes im very keen on the 683 as im not that keen on the 7 series and think that the 804 is way overprced and would need hugely expensive amp/cdp to drive them..The 683 is a much more sensibley priced speaker and gives about 80 % of what the 804 gives but at a quarter of the price..

Its looking like bw683 /nad combo is going to be the one i'll feel satisfied with..Pwr amp may be the older c272 as the latest c275 id double the price of c272 here in Brisbane..(world recession no doubt)

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Never liked the 7 series myself either; had the 704's and they were such a let down

Would love the 805's but i think i'd have to eBay a kidney or 2

Dont worry about the NAD C272 being the 'older' version; it does a spanking job!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts