NAD C 326BEE & NAD C545 - What speakers ?

pazsnr101

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi

Im curently running the above amp and CD with KEF IQ3 speakers.

There seems to be a lack of deatil in the sound particularly with guitars, and bass is often overpowering.

Is it a problem with the combination of the NAD kit with KEF speakers and if so can anyone suggest alternative speakers which would provide a more detailed balanced sound for my budget kit?

I'd have to say that im hearing better sound playing the same music through a £120 ipod ???

Interconnects - cambridge pacific

Cables - cambridge ultra 100

Any advice greatly appreciated.

A

Anonymous

What's your overall budget and what music do you generally listen to?

NAD does have a fairly gutsy and powerful sound; some people love it (me included as I've two NAD based systems) and some people dont like it etc...

For me; Monitor Audio, B&W, QUAD and Acoustic Energy speakers suit the NAD sound very well.

I'd personally look to change the speaker cable and interconnects as well to QED or Chord stuff...

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
I heard the NAD C326BEE with some Kef Q100 speakers and the sound was much too polite and muddy. With the Monitor Audio BX2 the amp sounded much better, more controlled and more detail.

Als try the Dali Lektor series, excellent speakers.

pazsnr101

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks,

Id say budget around £300 possibly aa bit more for the right speakers

Music - it gets all sorts being used by the whole family but with my interest in music starting around the late seventies predominantly punk/rock/indie or anything along those lines.

I guessed as much as far as the cables were concerned -at the time i went for bog standard as recommended by the retailer and was perhaps a little hasty taking a deal on the kefs when the speakers i went for were the Lector 2's which werent in stock.My initial choice was just from magazine reviews of budget systems

pazsnr101:
Hi

There seems to be a lack of deatil in the sound particularly with guitars, and bass is often overpowering.

Is it a problem with the combination of the NAD kit with KEF speakers and if so can anyone suggest alternative speakers which would provide a more detailed balanced sound for my budget kit?

I'd have to say that im hearing better sound playing the same music through a £120 ipod ???

Hi pazsnr101

Monitor Audio's BX2 speakers are worth a look as these pair superbly with the C326BEE and C545BEE combination
emotion-1.gif

Btw, i wouldn't concern yourself too much over changing the cables.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Cables, go for QED Silver Anniversary for the speakers, or something equally as bright. The NAD isn't treble happy.

As for speakers, avoid anything hard to drive and avoid Mission, they have a very relaxed grunty lowered sound to them that clashes quite badly with the similar sound from the C326BEE. Best go for KEF iQ5's if you can get them for that price. Definetly scour eBay before looking in stores!

pazsnr101

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
MUSICRAFT:pazsnr101:

Hi

Hi pazsnr101

Monitor Audio's BX2 speakers are worth a look as these pair superbly with the C326BEE and C545BEE combination
emotion-1.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Cheers Rick,

Thanks for the advice.I'll see if i can listen to the MA BX2's and whether it improves the overall sound from my NADS !!

Cheers

pazsnr101:MUSICRAFT:pazsnr101:

Hi

Hi pazsnr101

emotion-1.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Cheers Rick,

Thanks for the advice.I'll see if i can listen to the MA BX2's and whether it improves the overall sound from my NADS !!

Cheers

This is problem I've heard about Nad so many times - bass heavy - and from personal experience if you're looking at leaner or better defined bass, I'd look at something ProAc Tabs or perhaps AVI Neutron IV or V, and avoid MAs altogether.

sriracha

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Not sure I come in too late or not. In Thailand when your system is NAD then the first choice speaker is PSB. It is a very good pairing. For my own, I have NAD 356 BEE, NAD 545 BEE, PSB Synchrony 2B and I'm very happy with them. NAD + PSB also require a bright interconnect cable (I buy a used Nordost Baldur). So I would say, according to your budget of around 300 GBP, get PSB Imagine B6 bookshelf and if possible (out of your budget for ... let say 100 GBP), find a used Nordost Blue Heaven from eBay or a demo kit from Nordost dealer (I buy it this way). I'm sure you will be very much happy.

No need for good luck because this is fire-and-forget solution.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts