Nad amplifier quandary

Audio Questioner

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
Hello, my first post.

Recently my NAD c326bee died, and I replaced it with a secondhand c320bee. I liked the sound of the 326 but the 320 sounds to me, too 'meaty'. It's a thundering beast of an amplifier but I like a more delicate sound.

I'm left with not a lot of money and an amplifier I don't like. So I'm thinking about buying a 316bee instead. Has anyone heard these amplifiers and know whether the 316 is closer to the 326 or the 320? My speakers are Acoustic Energy 103 and the cd player is NAD 516bee.

Thanks!

JamesMellor

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
How old was your 326 ? I thought all NAD gear came with a five year warranty ? Other than that check out Sevenoaks clearance sale they have a 326 for 279 with the 5 year warranty , they also have the 316 for 159 , good luck

Audio Questioner said:
Hello, my first post.

Recently my NAD c326bee died, and I replaced it with a secondhand c320bee. I liked the sound of the 326 but the 320 sounds to me, too 'meaty'. It's a thundering beast of an amplifier but I like a more delicate sound.

I'm left with not a lot of money and an amplifier I don't like. So I'm thinking about buying a 316bee instead. Has anyone heard these amplifiers and know whether the 316 is closer to the 326 or the 320? My speakers are Acoustic Energy 103 and the cd player is NAD 516bee.

Thanks!

Audio Questioner

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
Hi, the 326 was just a couple of months out of warranty when it went, but had daily use. Unfortunately it's an intermittent fault so I'm not confident of getting it repaired.

Thanks for the pointers.

Audio Questioner

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
I thought I'd return for the benefit of any future googlers.

I did buy the 316bee in the end and it has arrived this morning. It's lighter in the bass than the 326, more forward in the midrange, less accurate but really quite charming. Love at first listen, and I'm hoping the end of my amplifier woes. Thanks for the replies folks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts