NAD 352 and speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi i have to downgrade my speakers due to a smaller space to live in. i was runnin my NAD 352 through a pair of monitor audio bronze BR5's, these stand alones are to big!!! does anyone recommend a good quality small speaker that compliments the way my amp sounds? thanks. TROY

A

Anonymous

thanks but i was thinkin of tryin some other makes, and wanted to arm myself with a list of speakers to try, i live in the wilds and its a mission and a half to get to places that have quality goods in there showrooms,let alone a space where you can listen properly. thanks again. T

Gopi

Nov 19, 2007
Visit site
troy, in that case you can try the following which will be little costlier than BR5.

Dali Ikon 2

Dynaudio 42 / 52

Epos M5i/ M12.2

B&W DM685

Depends on your amp a lot. Whats it by the way.

Though i would recommend that if you cannot audition these in a good environment, and if you have listened and liked MA, you better go with RS1. Because, RS is definetly a good step above BR and you might end up picking something not auditioned properly only to play at home thinking probably BR was better.

Just my thoughts from my own personal experience :)

A

Anonymous

thanks, i'll be doing my best to listen to anything efore i part with cash!!! tiz a great start with which to go from. the amp is in the title a nad 352 summat, been a pleasure i'll let you know how i get on! T

Gopi

Nov 19, 2007
Visit site
My bad, forgot about your amp. I think given the power reserve of the NAD, you should be able to drive all of them. Typically Epos and Dyna's and 4 ohms will be a bit tough to drive, particularly, Dyna's. But, it should be fine for you. The typical generalization of the above pairs are as following :

Epos - bass shy definitely compared even Monitor bookshelves, and not at all comparable to BR5 :) But, should have quite a bit better midrange than Monitor.

Dyna's - These are probably very similar to Monitor. I suppose if you like Monitor Bronze , these will be even better, even better than Silver series. Just that they are more costly than Silver and being tough to drive other parts will also have to be good. While NAD 352 is good, I suppose these can get better with a better amp. This will increase the cost of the entire system.

Dali's - If you are planning to even watch movies with your setup, then probably these are better. They will have some extra zing on the top, might not be good for certain types of music.

B&W - I read mixed reviews about them. In India particularly they are priced noticably more than MA's. So, I didn't bother much.

Also, check Totem's as well.

A

Anonymous

Thanks, your input to my query is appreciated. I'm over to England later on in the week I'll be calling in on a few places in the midlands to have a listen! thanks again I'll let you know how i get on! be safe.T.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
Random formatting, hmmm? Very now...

[/quote]

Yup, randomness at its very best........why though?? hehe

A

Anonymous

hi, i have nad-352 and b&w 602.5 s3, im not happy with sound wich is anoying and bored, tyring with heavy metal music,also the doors sound like on cheap plastic sound system, only good sounding music is stuff with better production :clapton,jazz music,...i try many different speaker position,it was a change but small, i don know what elsse to try i listen different kind of music but more than a half of that not sounding great, point is i heard cheaper systems sounding better.?????????????

A

Anonymous

hi, what do you think about nad352, b&w 602.5 s3 florstander,that combination bothers me for a while,sound is poor, anoying,i try with speaker position and cd player but sometimes sound is better on dvd player,i heard cheaper better sounding systems, what is the clue i dont know i was expected sound powerful and mighty but it is not,hevi music sounding worse than other, only jaz little bit of blues sound better, but there is recording sound so poor like on plastic mini system, like the doors.i dont know what to change to obtain better sound???????????????

A

Anonymous

Hi to be honest I am not a great fan of b &w's if you have heard much cheaper set ups producing better sound quality, then go to your nearest shop which sells the Monitor Audio BR2's and audition the speakers with your amp and cd player. I know it will not be the amp which is the problem because it is anything but poor and have heard b &w''s before, they aren't to my tastes, I think you need a very upfront sound and that is what the BR2's bring.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
The M/A BR2's would sit very well with the NAD C352 amp but the B&W 685's would also suit it very well (all depending on what music you listen to)

You really need to demo before you buy if you can; some standmount speakers against others are like chalk and cheese!

A

Anonymous

Very true, how is it going with your attempts to sell the arcam's by the way?

TRENDING THREADS