Nad 326Bee shrill?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

The thing is Jiggy that the NAD C326BEE amp isnt cheap; it's just the wrong amp for the speakers with the OP's current system

It'll drive the RX6's fine but better can be had amp wise and for not a lot of money extra. Basically a very good 'budget' amp driving very good 'mid-range' speakers.

Everyone hears differently I'm sure so what may work for me, or the OP, or you etc... may not work for everyone else!

A

Anonymous

i agree with the big fella
emotion-4.gif

A

Anonymous

Ok guys, just the latest:

something that everything on the forums was saying: The MA rx6 doesn't go well with the Naims either. It sounded quite all right for the longest time, but eventually when we swapped out the rx6 for the Rega Rs6 speaker, it felt like a load was lifted off my chest. Funny.

The rx6 playing at my place was extremely fatiguing. The Rega rs5s on the other hand, i just forget about the music system and enjoy my music.

This is balance skewed in the other direction. $2750 amp partnered with $1600 amp. Am enjoying it a lot more.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
hifilover1979:AlanNorak:
Nad components traditionally are not shrill sounding, and from experience the MA's are a crude sounding speaker (plus cheaply made to boot - ask any dealer who's willing to reveal the trade price on them.....).

Oh and if you're running QED cables anywhere in the system they will be making things worse (I only mention that as most shops that sell MA speakers blindly (or should that be tone-deafly?) recommend QED.

I'm sorry but there's 2 seriously rubbish comments there straight away if you ask me
emotion-40.gif

Monitor Audio did have the tendency to have bright high's as they use a metal domed tweeter but I'd never say that they were crude (and I think a lot of people would agree as well).

The RS series were superb speakers but you had to match them carefully, but you can say that about any componement within hifi!

The latest series in MA speakers (BX & RX) are again superb speakers and MA have calmed down the brightness and developed some superb speakers, AGAIN!

With regards to the QED comment. Yes their cables are generally silver coated but I've NEVER yet come across a dealer who sells both say that QED go best with Monitor Audio or vice-versa
emotion-18.gif

The QED Revelation cable is superb in my opinion, I've heard it A LOT recently and feel that it sits very well with Monitor Audio as it does with QUAD, B&W and Neat etc... The Chord cables are very good also (if you feel that the top end is a little harsh)

For me, and as I've stated above, I dont feel that it's the speakers that are the issue (it would be handy to know how long the OP has had them as they do take a fair while to run in) and also to see whether he's looked at changing the speaker cables or interconnects etc...

I've heard the BX2's, RX1's and RX2's and the RX6's and RX8's with the NAD C326BEE, C355BEE and the pre/power combo I've got now with the QED Revelation and Chord speaker cables and the highs were NEVER shrill at all BUT, as said before, the dealer had used these speakers a fair bit for demo's so they were well run in!

This guy obviously holds a grudge against MA speakers - he's at it again in another post.

For what it's worth, I loved my old RS6s and found the budget Nad amp to be bright! There you go. I listened to it with Dali speakers and did not like it at all.

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
Well, my old RS1 speakers were the most horrible speakers I've ever had. Boomy, uncontrolled bass and almost unlistenable treble. I've never heard the new RX range though, can't comment on that.

The nad c326bee has a very warm sound IMO. Very musical sound with no harshness at all.

Cypher:

Well, my old RS1 speakers were the most horrible speakers I've ever had. Boomy, uncontrolled bass and almost unlistenable treble. I've never heard the new RX range though, can't comment on that.

The nad c326bee has a very warm sound IMO. Very musical sound with no harshness at all.

The RS1s were/are very good speakers, but like most makes, if you poorly match a speaker or the placement is wrong or iffy room acoustics. Like Gerrard, I love the RS6s and I've never, even connected to a Cyrus 8VS2, heard any top-end or bottom end nasties.

A

Anonymous

Oh well. This thread is actually become funny. Some folks are blaming the Nad, some the speakers. Some the synergy, and one person didn't like the price ratio. No wonder I was confused wit my first steps in hifi land. For my part, I loved this setup when it worked (Mark Knopfler, Sera Cahoone) and hated it when it didn't (Miles Davis's horns). Only conculsion I have from this experiment: Don't use this pairing in a bright room.
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

What speaker wire are you using?...

Ive witnessed change's withinin my system using different one's,copper and silver!..

What you using?...

A

Anonymous

I tried using 16 gauge copper stranded, 12 gauge copper stranded, biwired solid copper and solid copper. Can't remember whether anything made any difference. Now, I've moved on to a different system (rega-> naim-> rega).

MoData:Oh well. This thread is actually become funny. Some folks are blaming the Nad, some the speakers. Some the synergy, and one person didn't like the price ratio. No wonder I was confused wit my first steps in hifi land. For my part, I loved this setup when it worked (Mark Knopfler, Sera Cahoone) and hated it when it didn't (Miles Davis's horns). Only conculsion I have from this experiment: Don't use this pairing in a bright room.
emotion-1.gif

The only conclusion is to audition.

A

Anonymous

I agree with PP with a caveat. If possible, audition in your own living room.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts