Nad 326 headphone noise

Dok81

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey All!

I have a problem with the headphone output. When i turn on the amplifier (Nad 326bee) using headphone, there is a noise (like a "bumm"), and when i turn it off, after about 2 secounds there is another noise like a siren, then a clipping sound.
It is normal or an issue (i heard this on 2 new amplifier with 3 different headphones)?

Thank you very much!

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I would say that you are hearing the normal thumps you get when powering up an amplifier.

This happens as the power supply voltages stabilise, the siren noise is the caps/power supply discharging. I haven't looked at the circuit diagram but I will guess that the headphone output is before the protection relay (in fact, inserting the headphones probably activates this relay to disconnect the speakers) and they are always connected to the main power amp, hence you hear everything. Whereas the speakers only connect after everything is stable.

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
No I don't have a C326BEE.

It probably won't have any detrimental affect on your phones but, if it were me, I'd just wait for the relay click before plugging them in and pull them out before powering down.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts