NAD 325 Amp, 321 CD, Kef IQ5???

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just been to check out the following combination at my local HIFI shop, and i thought the sound was brilliant, so much better than the Marantz PM6002 setup. My problem is though this setup was suggested by the guy in the shop he didn't really show me much else and i was wondering if there is anything else i should be considering for this kind of money (£750). My music tastes are extremely varied Rock, Hip hop, RnB, Acoustic, Indie, pretty much all genres really, so i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. Help is much appreciated

A

Anonymous

Rotel RA-04, Rotel RCD-06, Wharfedale EVO2 30s. Give it a look up on google.

A

Anonymous

I like the look of this deal but how do the EPOS speakers compare to the floor standing Kef IQ5's?? I imagine there won't be much difference in the NAD systems???

amarocknrollstar

Feb 27, 2008
Visit site
The Nads' will produce the type of sound you've auditioned but have never heard these systems myself bud.
The Epos v Kef? Tough one. Check out the following links;

http://www.stereophile.com/standloudspeakers/405epos/

http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/1/145759.html

Personally I would opt for a Rotel amp, but if it's Nad you are after try the following ;

http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/2164

with these;

http://www.lakeaudio.eu/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=45&Itemid=66

(I paid £220 including postage and spike kit from ebay - BRAND NEW!!!!)

A

Anonymous

Thanks for those links, i guess i will have to try and get to a shop to have a listen to the EPOS M5's!! I am not particularly after NAD i thought it was better than the Marantz that i listened to, that's all. What Rotel would you go for, the RA-04 like suggested above??

A

Anonymous

I love the NAD sound and for me there's nothing better without spending LOTS more. My first proper system was a NAD C542 playing through a NAD C350 into some Kef Q5s. I then went to the C370 amp and Kef Q7s. I've since moved on but I don't think their cd players and amps can be beaten by anything remotely near their respective price brackets.

nads

[quote user="stormbringer"]
I love the NAD sound and for me there's nothing better without spending LOTS more. My first proper system was a NAD C542 playing through a NAD C350 into some Kef Q5s. I then went to the C370 amp and Kef Q7s. I've since moved on but I don't think their cd players and amps can be beaten by anything remotely near their respective price brackets.
[/quote]Agreed.

A

Anonymous

I am definitely now looking at the NAD C542 CD & C352CT AMP instead of my original setup idea, my only trouble is finding some speakers to fit well with this setup. I liked the IQ5's when i listened to them so i am leaning towards them, but any other suggestions would be welcomed.

amarocknrollstar

Feb 27, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="francischandler"]Thanks for those links, i guess i will have to try and get to a shop to have a listen to the EPOS M5's!! I am not particularly after NAD i thought it was better than the Marantz that i listened to, that's all. What Rotel would you go for, the RA-04 like suggested above??[/quote]

Hey buddy, pleasure.
I'd say the Rotel suggested is a perfect choice though you could pick up great pre/power combos from ebay.
I would definately audition the Epos but what about those Lake Audios'?

amarocknrollstar

Feb 27, 2008
Visit site
Oh, meant to say - Nad are a great choice and hold their price. My on;y concern is with their reliability. But in fairness this only seems to be a problem with older models.

A

Anonymous

I must admit it is the first time i'd heard of Lake Audio but they do look pretty good. I am in the process of trying to find somewhere i can get a listen as i must say i'm intrigued.

nads

[quote user="amarocknrollstar"]Oh, meant to say - Nad are a great choice and hold their price. My on;y concern is with their reliability. But in fairness this only seems to be a problem with older models.[/quote] My old Nad only got replaced after 21 years. still usable just needs the volume control sorting and a dry solder fixing. (i also wanted a remote ;)).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts