NAD 3020 Phono stage VS. Cambridge 551P?

Hi all,

I know this largely comes down to personal preference but I'm wondering what the consensus is regarding the NAD 3020 phono stage vs. the Cambridge Audio 551P?

It's would be sitting between a Technics 1210 MkII and a Pioneer amp.

I'm leaning towards the NAD because of it's legendary reputation and also because it'd be handy to have one incase I decide to use it as a full amp at a later date but likewise, the 551P seems to be very well regarded.

Cheers,

Chris

K

keeper of the quays

Chris Jackson said:
Hi all,

I know this largely comes down to personal preference but I'm wondering what the consensus is regarding the NAD 3020 phono stage vs. the Cambridge Audio 551P??

I'm leaning towards the NAD because of it's legendary reputation and also because it'd be handy to have one incase I decide to use it as a full amp at a later date but likewise, the 551P seems to be very well regarded.

Cheers,

Chris
i have a ca 640p think the 551p is the new model..my 640p is good..but i think if i were you? Go nad! Lol..compare it to pioneer?

Chris Jackson said:
Hi all,

I know this largely comes down to personal preference but I'm wondering what the consensus is regarding the NAD 3020 phono stage vs. the Cambridge Audio 551P?

Cheers,

Chris

Personally if I wanted a phono preamp I would spend my money on just that as that's what the money has been spent to create. Consider chebbys suggest or the Project Phono box.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts