Question Myy first hi-fi system!

bignike

Jan 26, 2022
Visit site
Hi, I'm building my first hi-fi sistem. I'm looking for amplifier, 2 bookshelf speakers and subwoofer!
I would like to boost the sound from Tv whilst also having a decent system to stream music and listen to radio. Basically a do it all system. I'm a complete novice to all of this and would welcome thoughts or alternatives

For the amp I thinking about Denon pma-800ne or Marantz PM6007!

For the speakers I'm thinking about: Q acoustics 3030I, Bowers & Wilkins 607 S2, Dynaudio Emit M20, Dali Spektor 2!

which one would you choose between Marantz PM6007 and Denon PMA800NE?
I'm from Europe/Croatia so we don't have plenty of choice in amplifier!
My budget is 1200€!

Last edited:
I think there was a mistake in your question as you first say 6007 then mention 6006.
Both the 6007 and the Denon are evenly matched.
I like the look of the Denon but, out of your list I would be getting the Marantz 6007 and the Dali speakers.
very much a personal thing really. You need to make sure the speakers are suitable for your room first before worrying about the amplifier.

bignike

Jan 26, 2022
Visit site
Hi, my mistake. I was thinking about 6007.My living room is 18m2!
In Croatia the price are:
Denon pma-800ne - 510€
Marantz pm6007 - 650€

Hi, I'm building my first hi-fi sistem. I'm looking for amplifier, 2 bookshelf speakers and subwoofer!
I would like to boost the sound from Tv whilst also having a decent system to stream music and listen to radio. Basically a do it all system. I'm a complete novice to all of this and would welcome thoughts or alternatives

For the amp I thinking about Denon pma-800ne or Marantz PM6007!

For the speakers I'm thinking about: Q acoustics 3030I, Bowers & Wilkins 607 S2, Dynaudio Emit M20, Dali Spektor 2!

which one would you choose between Marantz PM6007 and Denon PMA800NE?
I'm from Europe/Croatia so we don't have plenty of choice in amplifier!
My budget is 1200€!
You also need to get the sound from the TV to the amplifier. Do you have Sky Box or something similar? If not you'll probably need a Dac to connect the TV to amp. Most modern TV's don't have audio out option, unless it's all digital, which I'm not sure the Marantz or Denon has.

You also need to get the sound from the TV to the amplifier. Do you have Sky Box or something similar? If not you'll probably need a Dac to connect the TV to amp. Most modern TV's don't have audio out option, unless it's all digital, which I'm not sure the Marantz or Denon has.
as far as I know both these amps have dacs and digital inputs both coaxial and optical, for T Vs

robdmarsh

Can vouch for the Denon being excellent for my tastes and needs. It has a pretty even sound across the frequency spectrum, is capable of handling big dynamic changes in the music and sounds good with all the genres I listen to (rock, alternative, jazz, folk, world and classical). One thing that may annoy some audiophiles is that the power cable is fixed unlike the Marantz. I also think Marantz is great, maybe a little less punchy and smoother than the Denon.
I think you should try and get to hear both before choosing.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts