My Toys

respe

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
P1000283.jpg

Rega Saturn Cursa Exon, Radio

P1000291.jpg

P25 Denon DL110 Rega MC phono, groovetracer sub platter, acrylic platter, Technoweight

S5000122-1.jpg

Spendor S5e's

A

Anonymous

Superb. That Rega kit is very special stuff and I particularly like the bouncy ball touch there. Shame I threw all of mine to the beasts (cats). I'm curious about the Cursa as a pre-amp because it uses stepped resistors for a volume control instead of a pot so should be very high quality. Have you compared it with any others?

respe

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
Yes, but only as packages of pre-power, not with the exons, The Cursa/exons won out over Linn Naim and Ayre combo's. The noise floor is very low, it is not the most transparent of Pre's, but you have to spend one hell of a lot more than I was prepared to spend to better it. You can certainly find more Hi-Fi sounding pre's but in combination with the exons the sum of the parts is well in front of the individual components.

I used it as the front to a pair of Quad II's for a while (they were a short term resident), and it made them play music as well. It is certainly worth demoing in front of the power amps you have in mind.

It is possibly the weak link in my system at the moment, but the exons have such a grip and authority over the spens, and I am lothe to loose the synergy the system has in search of more Hi-Fi

A

Anonymous

nice looking system. i've always like the rega scooped tops and fan like heat sinks.

and making a cd player lid look like the enterprise is great!

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Very, very nice, my dream CD player
emotion-1.gif

Just a couple of questions I see you are sitting it on two granite chopping blocks (like) and then sitting on balls in cups. Where did you get the cups from ie what are they?

Also what interconnect and speaker cable are you using?

respe

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
True Blue:
Very, very nice, my dream CD player
emotion-1.gif

Just a couple of questions I see you are sitting it on two granite chopping blocks (like) and then sitting on balls in cups. Where did you get the cups from ie what are they?

Also what interconnect and speaker cable are you using?

They are granite chopping boards, the squash balls are sitting in furniture castor cups, real hi-fi stuff, but it is far batter to use those than try to cut squash balls in half. I use Chord Cobra 3 or Van Damme I/C's, and 4mm Sq Van Damme blue studio grade speaker cable. I use 11m runs, and wanted 'heavy' cable, I have to admit to having cloth ears when it comes to cable differences, unless its poorly made, or silver plated, they all sound the same to me (I/C's)-

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts