my system soon to be updated

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

atanakata

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Oh , and have just noticed the new pics. Forgot to mention about the center speaker too - what a beautiful monster ..The whole thing looks incredible . I like a lot what you`ve done with separating the speakers from the rest of the gear . I can not imagine your cables - bill :))) , but nevertheless it is awesome, well done... I think I might have asked you , but what camera are you using ? Great shots ...

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Your system is getting more like mine by the month.....very nice.

AV Forums have an Arcam AV950 thread going atm, which is worth keeping an eye on...that along with a Linn DS will cover all bases. :shifty: http://www.avforums.com/forums/arcam-forum.119/

How do you find the bigger centre?

A couple of thoughts:

- Can you put some sort of bass trap behind the speaker in the corner?

- Can the centre speaker be raised, or does the pull down screen prevent this?

- Is it possible to put some sort of (black?) curtain behind the three front speakers (up to the bottom of the TV), which will help prevent reflections off the stone wall?

clinton333

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks...

yes you should have a copyright... ;)

I have in pricipal, a home demo of the AV950 arranged but have to wait until March sometime... But to be honest I am totally happy with the AV888/P777 with my speakers. The dedicated streamer is still in my mind but I keep getting sidetracked :doh:

I will look further into bass traps as you suggest but we are still in limbo about moving/staying put so room treatment has not been the top of my list.

I have the centre on the isolation pads and it sounds awesome already. I did consider the Kef stand but preferred the aesthetics of the av unit.

The flint wall is surprisingly "dull" and when I make the effort I can really get quite a dark room for projector use. I would ultimately get all this equipment into a dedicated room with at least the screen wall in devore or similar. But for now it will have to do.

Thanks for your comments and I will be visiting "the Kef Reference thread" with some thoughts at some point but for now I am a very pleased with the 204/2c... It's been in my mind since I purchased my first set of Kef "eggs" some time ago... :cheers:

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Good and all as the AV888 is, I suspect you may be somewhat shocked when you hear the AV950.....the pre can make quite a difference, especially if 2 channel is on the cards and the better processor will make 5.1 even more dramatic.

The joy of the Refs is that they will reflect all improvements, up to a very high level of source / amplification.....they just get better and better.

TRENDING THREADS