My system.. Requested by member idc.

RCduck7

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
Here it is...

Except the PS3 and xbox360 were not connected (you can see the cables lying on the floor) becausse pictures were taken when i need to make room to connect my speakers when i just bought them about 6 months ago. Only difference at present is that the grilles of the bass drivers are on and i have a Sacthailand transformer behind the sub.

Future changes will be a 2nd transformer for the front end and with each transformer it's dedicated power block. A dedicated cd player, propably a MHZS player or maybe something more fancy like a raysonic CD228 if they get around making a digital input for it, that way the cd player could also be used as a DAC. I am also on the preorder list for an Emotiva UMC-1 processor, to replace the Yamaha RDS640 so i can have finally HDMI and Blue Ray audio as it's meant to be. As you can see i still have my Wharfedale center speaker, will be replaced by the Hyperion center speaker when i finally sold my previous Wharfedale setup.

Pictures of the Hyperion 906 that i use are surrounds are missing for now, i might take a few pictures of them and add them later.

Sorry, they the pics are so small, i did it with Imageshack and they came up that way, but click on them to enlarge.

RCduck7

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site

Big and small...
emotion-2.gif

RCduck7

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
Messiah:

Those speakers look immense! Is the sub really needed??

Looks good though
emotion-21.gif

Not really for music, maybe for that very last note under 35 to 30 Hz it could subtely add to the sound. But for dvd movies i like a good sub, i actually haven't yet set my receiver so it would play the low notes on 5.1 movies on the speakers only, i should try that.

By the way, the sub is a Yamaha YST-SW800, it was their flagship model some years ago, What Hifi declared it as "a monster for movies but not very good with music". But in a setup with powerful floorstanders it does play less of a role with music when it will be used mainly for dvd movies.

idc

That is a superb system you have there. What are the wooden blocks you are using as isolation feet? Were you able to audition the various parts, most of which I had not heard of till I noticed your signature?

I have taken the liberty of posting one of the pictures here........

dsc00083zw.jpg

(Right click on the image go to properties and then copy the URL. Click on the tree icon in the message box when posting, paste the image URL and then resize in the dimenions box to a maximum of 400 x 400)

RCduck7

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
Thanks..

Oh, the wooden blocks are just feet as a part to make a wooden closet from the DIY store. I actually used them to create more space for my DAC in the rack. But i have underneath some of the components thick rubber isolation feet, nothing fancy, just something from the DIY store.

Between the bass unit and top unit from the speakers i have sorbathane isolation feets to.

RCduck7

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
idc:How did you go about deciding and getting your kit?

For the Dussun amps only internet was my source to decide. It is the same amp Mr Mark Levinson use for his Red Rose models that are very expensive, so defenitly value for money if you buy them as Dussuns. They are the same but much cheaper. I like the Dussun, they are beautifully build, they can handle about any speaker you can think of but for some including me they can sound a bit hard and cold. Since the pre and power amp section is available of this amp i think i might try the power section with a tube pre amplifier at some point. In a quest to add a bit of warmth and intimacy. I know the Hyperions sound good with tube sound.

To end up with the Hyperion speakers took me almost a year on auditioning here and there and again lots of searching on the internet. I knew i liked the sound of Dynaudio on my Dussun, at least much more then the sound of my Wharfedale's. The Dynaudio's became my reference to compare speakers, i could find speakers that were on some area's better then the Dyn's but overall i still prefered the Dynaudio for a long time. since Hyperion caught my intrest a year ago, ik knew i couldn't afford them but i jumped to the chance when i saw some demo models for sale on half the price. I auditioned the Hyperions and i fell in love with them, at that moment a sigh of relief and a big weight fell from my shoulders, i knew my frustrating search was over and i bought them the same day.

What about you idc? You use a headphone setup if i'm right is it? What components?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts