My System as of Feb 2015

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Devialet D400 monos. Nordost Cables. PMC Fact 12s.

DSCF7137_zps8znyvcxy.jpg

DSCF7142_zpshd3jpc8h.jpg

DSCF7149_zpsift8auze.jpg

DSCF7156_zpsm53h6hh4.jpg

DSCF7157_zpscaqupnhx.jpg

DSCF7160_zpseesd4yjt.jpg

DSCF7132_zpsuevbdjez.jpg

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
bigboss said:
Are you not using the PMCs for home cinema? Which speakers are those white stellites? Are they run by a separate AVR?

David is correct, KEF E305 system. My home cinema system is entirely separate from my 2 channel hifi system. That's why I have two identical cabinets. The left one houses a marantz home cinema amplifier as well as Apple tv and blu ray. The right one houses my hifi system.

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Diamond Joe said:
Oh my good God! That looks superb, I think I'd crawl over broken glass for a system like that.

Do I sound at all envious? *blush*

Ditto!!....looks amazing! Dont suppose you live in Newcastle .....I would actually just love to listen to that set up for an hour or so....although that would probably do me no good at all*cray2*

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Womaz said:
Diamond Joe said:
Oh my good God! That looks superb, I think I'd crawl over broken glass for a system like that.

Do I sound at all envious? *blush*

Ditto!!....looks amazing! Dont suppose you live in Newcastle .....I would actually just love to listen to that set up for an hour or so....although that would probably do me no good at all*cray2*

Thanks and BTW, your system is no slouch. The 23s are my favorite twenties. : )

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
Congrats Jax, that must be a superb system!

What other speakers did you demo?

*drinks*

ps - and what a lovely room as well, nice decor!

Thank you. Well, I didn't really demo anything else. I didnt even demo these. Bought them without ever hearing them. But I traded in PMC fact 8s on these and I loved the fact 8s so I wasn't worried about making a mistake. I would have stayed with the fact 8s for a long time if the dealer hadn't made the upgrade so attractive. Before the fact 8s I've owned many speakers. Over the last five years the list includes: dynaudio excite 16, spendor A6, B&W cm7, monitor audio RX6, dynaudio contour s1.4, Dynaudio C1, KEF R300, Usher Mini Dancer II, Harbeth SHL5, Magnepan MMG, PMC OB1i, PMC DB1i , PMC twenty 21, PMC IB2S, Dynaudio Focus 160, Dynaudio Focus 340, Totem Sttaf, KEF LS50, and probably a few others I'm forgetting. I've heard many other brands at audio shows and dealers.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Wow, the list is long and distinguished! You've owned lot of Dynaudio! Good.

maybe you can give me some insight in the upper range of the brand. Some day I'll upgrade my X12, and the first two on the list will be the s1.4 or/and C1. In the second hand market you can find some C1s at exelent prices, are they a truly upgrade from the s1.4?

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi Jaxwired

I keep returnig to your photos and drooling, I really need to get a life *biggrin*

What is your source? Intersted to find out what you use these speakers with.

El Hefe

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
Wooowwww.... Superb set up Jaxwired.... Fact 12 is a very special speaker...

My dealer also have just gave me an unresistable offer for PMC 26...not the same league as the Fact 12... but PMC speakers overall are just special speakers to me.

now to convince my wife that 26 sounds better than ProAc D18 hehehe

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts