My system 2010-2018

idc

Here is my headfi set up in 2010.

4937178587_d0ab92c45d.jpg
[/img]

Here it is in 2018.

25098658817_98d6a27185.jpg
[/img]

I think that is testimony to how reliable (famous last words) the setup has been. Spotify clocked me listening to 61,332 minutes of music (42.5 days) last year, so it is not as if it only gets used every so often. Happy with that, especially now all the cables are burned in...
wink_smile.png

Reactions: Robbos

idc

I know! I was hoping you would see this. Best second hand buy ever. The X-CAN V8P amp is the one I was given by Musical Fidelity after finding my X-CAN V2 had the V1 electronics inside and MF were beign ripped off by their Taiwanese supplier. I usually use the AKG 271 MkII cans as they do not leak sound and keep the noise of TV out. They must have 10,000 plus hours of use and apart from two sets of repalcement pads, they are fine.

I was inspired to post here again because my son has got the hifi bug and the X-CAN V2 came out of retirement for him to use. But it would not work, so it is now with Flynn Amps in Glasgow. They usually do guitar amps, but said they would have a go with the V2. Hopefully it is just the valves needing replaced. Of my other cans, my son has gone with the Grado SR80s.

Tonestar1

idc said:
I was inspired to post here again because my son has got the hifi bug and the X-CAN V2 came out of retirement for him to use. But it would not work, so it is now with Flynn Amps in Glasgow. They usually do guitar amps, but said they would have a go with the V2. Hopefully it is just the valves needing replaced. Of my other cans, my son has gone with the Grado SR80s.

Hi IDC,

If Flynns can't help might be worth using JSL in Bishopbriggs. Not used him myself yet but he comes highly recommended. The loud and clear guys use him for customer repairs.

http://www.jslhifi.co.uk/home.html

idc

Tonestar1, thanks for the recommendation. I was surprised to find one place that does valve amp repairs, let alone two.

Hi bigboss, long time no posting, but still love hifi. The bog is still out there, but I never update it and the last thing was about motorcycles. It should be found by searching audiophile/biker/sceptic blogspot. Up to date information is now in a sticky thread on a headphone forum; "testing audiophile myths and claims", where it has been running for nearly 8 years and is heading towards 7000 posts! I update it a couple of time as year.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts