My Stuff

D

Deleted member 108165

That house is just far too neat and tidy :) Nice set-up though, I'm jealous.

D

Deleted member 2457

We have grey doors and windows throughout our house too to modernise it. Ours are Everest what’s your patio doors? I like your grey radiator too.

Slothy

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
Very nice - looks like a child- and pet-free house!
Thank you, it’s an easy room to keep tidy as there is nowhere really for people to dump stuff. I did that room in 2011 ,I’ve got two sons and a bloody cat. It nearly wiped out my turntable and my Atom when she jumped on the shelf above and brought down a little stack of stones ornament that must have missed my Atom by microns. I saw it happen and was sure contact was made, but nope, nothing..,phew.

Sliced Bread

Hi Slothy,

Thats a beautiful living room you have there.

You’ve inspired me to try an Atom with my cm8’s too. May I ask, does it feel like it has enough power to drive them? Also, do you ever use its long with your Rel for movies? If so how does it hold up?

Thanks

Last edited:

Slothy

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
Hi Sliced, thank you. The Atom has more than enough power for the CM8’s and very importantly it doesn’t sound strained at high levels. I only play it at between 17 to 27 on the volume display. At 27 it is more than loud enough and my missus will soon tell me to turn it down if she comes in the room. At 50 - 55 it is LOUD and punches you in the guts.
I watch loads of movies but for me nowadays dialogue is the most important thing. I sold all my surround sound gear years ago and replaced it with a Yamaha Digital Sound Projector that did a stirling job until I replaced the TV with a 65 QLED. I found the sound from it absolutely fine and dialogue was even clearer than the Yamaha so I sold that!
I don’t like too much equipment/stuff, I try and keep things to a minimum.
I do use the HiFi if I’m watching a Blu Ray concert though. AC/DC Live at the River Plate springs to mind. It sounds wicked.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sliced Bread

Sliced Bread

Hi Sliced, thank you. The Atom has more than enough power for the CM8’s and very importantly it doesn’t sound strained at high levels. I only play it at between 17 to 27 on the volume display. At 27 it is more than loud enough and my missus will soon tell me to turn it down if she comes in the room. At 50 - 55 it is LOUD and punches you in the guts.
I watch loads of movies but for me nowadays dialogue is the most important thing. I sold all my surround sound gear years ago and replaced it with a Yamaha Digital Sound Projector that did a stirling job until I replaced the TV with a 65 QLED. I found the sound from it absolutely fine and dialogue was even clearer than the Yamaha so I sold that!
I don’t like too much equipment/stuff, I try and keep things to a minimum.
I do use the HiFi if I’m watching a Blu Ray concert though. AC/DC Live at the River Plate springs to mind. It sounds wicked.
Thanks Slothy, that’s quite an endorsement and very reassuring.
After lock down I’ll try and get a home demo. The beauty of this is that I can fit into my current setup and keep the HC for films and Atom for music.
Looking forward to giving it a go :)

I also found a Home Cinema Choice review on the Atom (HDMI version) from a film perspective. Quite an interesting read. If it’s good enough for that too I might minimise too. Let’s see 👍

Reactions: Slothy

Slothy

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
Thanks Slothy, that’s quite an endorsement and very reassuring.
After lock down I’ll try and get a home demo. The beauty of this is that I can fit into my current setup and keep the HC for films and Atom for music.
Looking forward to giving it a go :)

I also found a Home Cinema Choice review on the Atom (HDMI version) from a film perspective. Quite an interesting read. If it’s good enough for that too I might minimise too. Let’s see 👍
Good luck, all the best.🤜

Reactions: Sliced Bread

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts