My set up

Since snapping this, I have sold the Linn Sneaky and Rega Fono. Below the Hitachi tuner - centre, bottom shelf - is a Nakamichi ZX-7 under a cloth cover.

uvdexef.jpg

Last edited:
What are your ATCs sat on?
Those are my old Sonus Faber’Stones’ that those speakers originally sat on. They are pre drilled for the tripod spikes that my Concerto Grand Pianos came with. I sold the Sf without them and as I’m quite tall the extra couple of inches is ideal. Below the ATCs is a sheet of that anti-slip rubber sheet you can purchase to line cutlery trays or car pockets to stop contents sliding around. Hence it’s slightly lossy, which is on trend compared with fully spiking!

Here they are in our previous house...c. 2011.

3dW35Ln.jpg

habu77

Oct 10, 2020
Visit site
My no-budget setup: UK Tuned YAMAHA DSP-AX861SE 7.1 AV Receiver (FB Marketplace for £50, the bloke included a YST-SW105 subwoofer because he had it lying around in the attic)
TIBO Bond 3 audio streamer (£40 Amazon) connected to amp with optical cable (£7)
Wharfedale Diamond 230 (still running them in, got them for £90 last week in pristine almost new state) bi-amped with QED-XT25 loudspeaker cable (4 x 1.5 meter, £6 per meter). Got the Wharfedales standing on two granite chopping boards (b&m £8). The grand total for this setup is £239 and I must say it sounds sweet! I also have a pair of Wharfedale Pacific EVO 30's (Gumtree £110). I will do a shoot out between the 230's and EVO 30's next week to decide which pair I want to keep. My main source for music is Spotify Premium. If you shop sensibly on platforms like FB Marketplace and Gumtree you can get really sweet sounding stuff for bargain prices. I used to have mid-end stuff but came completely skint out of a relationship and literally had to start with my life again from scratch and then you have to become inventive. For the small amount of money I spent I have impressive immersive sound and don't feel I am missing out significantly.

Attachments

• IMG_20201010_162529.jpg
    IMG_20201010_162529.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 18

TRENDING THREADS