My QNAP Nas - Need Help Setting It Up

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Does anyone know of any kind of service from anyone out there to initially help setting up a NAS in a home ?

I am having real issues getting the best from my NAS as although I am fairly tech savvy I can't seem to get my QNAP Nas working with my iTunes from my old Sony Vaia laptop.

i have had all sorts of issues and just want someone to come round and help initially to set it up and show me where I am going wrong.

I live near Maidstone Kent.

Can anyone please help ???

Thanks

Check these blogs:

https://www.whathifi.com/how-to/how-to-build-nas-to-store-your-music

https://www.whathifi.com/news/hands-qnaps-new-qts-40-nas-operating-system

There are also various videos on YouTube with step by step guides.

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for that Bigboss but I have read these before.

I have got it all working and set up and my iTunes library has copied over. However a lot of the metadata is all wrong and it is a mess. No album covers etc ....

I just need someone with no how to come round and help but I am guessing theirs no such service ? I even got a guy from QNAP to help remotely but it's still a mess.

I am ok technically but this things still got the better of me.

Feral

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
I don't use QNAP or Itunes but if you are just managing meta data for your files then BlissHQ has been invaluable, i think it is even mentioned in Andrew Everthingy's blog. It will search for album art and also rewrite metadata and file structures. The trial version has limited number of fixes but should be enough for you to try and see if worth the investment.

abacus

Had a quick look on the web and while it can be done (At least to a fashion), the work involved is extensive due to the way iTunes works, best to post on an Apple (iTunes) forum as they should be able to point you in the right direction. (I doubt you will find anybody local (Unless an experienced Apple user) that will be able help)

One thing you could try is just copy the media files to the NAS via iTunes and add them to iTunes as a new library.

Bill

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts