My Own Radio Station?

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
To broadcast anything legally in this country you need a licence from Ofcom, these are not cheap or even easy to get hold of, just ask Vodaphone/O2/Orange etc. how much their 3G licences cost them! Sorry to put a dampner on your plans, you could always start an internet radio station, I think that could be a bit easier. Cheers m8y, p.s. how's the A32?

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Possible? Yep. Buy one of the chinese mp3-to-car-stereo transmitters, some of them can broadcast 1/4 mile in free air (my brother was following 3-400 yds behind my car when I had one and was still tuned into my ipod quite happily!)

Legal? Defo not. That's why the ones sold in the UK are strangled power-wise, so they don't interfere with standard licence-holder's broadcasts. The only legal possibility is to broadcast in the free 430ish MHz band, but then no one can hear you!
emotion-6.gif

Sorry!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
[quote user="Thaiman"]Arcam FM 77.89 smooth as you like......radio arcam
emotion-29.gif
[/quote]

Perfect for your in-milkfloat sound system.
[/quote]

......absolutely......i've heard that station is the creme de la creme ;)

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Hughes123"]is it legal or possible?[/quote]

Yes to both! But wait, you prob mean to ask, it's not, isn't it ;)
But may be you can tell what you really aim and we may be able to help.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
Actually... Possible? Yes. Legal? Not without a licence.
[/quote]

Okay this is a cheeky one. Hughes didn't mention he don't wish to obtain a licence, did he ;)

A

Anonymous

[quote user="ranjeetrain"][quote user="Andrew Everard"]
Actually... Possible? Yes. Legal? Not without a licence.
[/quote]

Okay this is a cheeky one. Hughes didn't mention he don't wish to obtain a licence, did he ;)[/quote]

Now we're going somewhere!...only joking! So, put simply...no. Oh well! Looks like Internet Radio is the way forward for me!

And this Arcam thing is making me feel like a Volvo driver...don't single me out!!! : ) Actually they hold a beat very well I am proud to announce (oh yes the A32 is superb Diamond Joe...just running her in nicely!). Well I thought I would do it on CB or Amateur radio, but when I saw the 500hz-2.2khz frequency response...it would hardly be audiophile quality! he he he

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts