My new Rega Brio R

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Sorry if this has been replicated in other posts but I went to audition a Rega Brio R yesterday and was blown away by the improvement over my PM6004.

Its been running for about 6 hours after I got it home last night so only a few hours to go until it run in!

The amp is singing really well through my BX2s which I thought would be a let down but they have taken me by surprise, my source is a CD6004 which is definitely up to the job of partnering the Brio R.

I am in Hifi nirvana at the minute, exploring all my CDs again.

This amp is blowing me away, everything is more detailed, punchy and the best thing it sounds soo much more controlled than the PM6004.

There is a lot of talk about how this amp doesn't sound like a £500 amp but double that and now I can vouch for that.

Happy days

Hi stevebrock

Nice one 8) I've also found Monitor Audio's BX2 speakers to be an excellent match with Rega's Brio-R amplifier :rockout: Anyway i hope that you enjoy the performance of your system for many years to come :)

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
No using BX2 speakers, they sound pretty good with the Brio R, Rega DAC for the CD6004/squeezebox(mac streaming flac) & Rega RP1.

Tried some Neat Motive 3s with the Brio they sound pretty special

A

Anonymous

What speakers are you using now with your Brio-R? Your sig shows the RS1's but wanted to see what you like better between the RS1 and the BX2's.

dalwen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Dear hifi friends,

I've read the review and the positive comments about the Brio R. :rant:

It is a clear step better than the PM6004....would a Brio R be overkill for budgetspeakers like mine: Q acoustics 2010i?

jerry klinger

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Indeed a great amp and preferable in my system to many more expensive amp combinations.

Gets a bit hot but comes on song quickly and has a front power button so a good idea to turn off when you retire. (in the evening, not in life)

A

Anonymous

Sounds like I have my choices narrowed down to the RS1 and Epic 1 or 2. Now just need to find a local demo. Thanks for the input...

Rick1979

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Liking the sound of the brio r. How do you think it will compare to an alpha 10? Going to have to pop down to musicraft for a listen, just a bit concerned a might end up walking out with one :grin:

sureesh40

May 29, 2008
Visit site
Hi Steve

Just a few questions:

The Rega amp cost twice as much as the MA BX2 speakers right. So do you think you have taken advantage of the full potential of the Rega amp or would you be upgrading to higher value speakers. By the looks of things it seems that you are fully satisfied with the combo.

Do you detect any hum in the Rega amp. Some people say they hear one.

How long have you been listening to the marantz amp before you upgraded to the rega amp.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
The bx2 are budget speakers they were ok at being so! However the Refa RS1 were definitely a nicer musical speaker with less boomy bass and harsh treble! I only upgraded to the RS3 as I wanted a bit more bass but retaining the musicality and couldn't be happier with the rs3

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts