My new headphone setup 2017

rich51080

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
Hi Folks

As you might know i am a bit of a headphone buff.

I have purchased some high end gear which i think would stop me from the upgraditis which us audiophiles typically do.

My new purchases are

Astell and Kern AK380, Chord Mojo, Westone W80 series in ear monitors, Jerry Harvey Audio Rosies and B&W P9 Sigantures.

The AK380 is amazing - I hear things in songs i never heard before. the textures, layer of depth in the vocals etc.

The W80' are sublime - how on earth they fitted 8 drivers in to such a small ear piece is astonishingly good. The comfort is wow - the best i ever experienced. The Rosie's are lush sounding but the comfort is not great - I use them if i want to listen to heavy metal such as metallica, sabbath or korn.

Overalll I think I found my perfect setup with the above,

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Wow that is some seroius gear you have there. In March I went for the AK300 and some Campfire Audio Lyra 2 and to be honest I am astonished at the sound quality.

I actually prefer my portable rig to my my Devialet/Auralic/HE1000 set up. It hust seems to have nore detail, which I find amazing considering the difference in cost. Maybe it is because it is because the AK is designed for headpgone use I have no idea. You are right thogh this gets me thinking how good could it be. I now listen mostly to my portable gear even when sitting in my pad as I have neoghbours which stops me from listening at decent volume levesl

If I coudld get Tidal offline on a DAP I would love that. I am also considering an in ear upgrade WestoneW80 is one I an consideirng and of course the Campfire Audio Vega as this is their flagship model.

I would say in the headphone worle maybe we never had it so good ;-)

TRENDING THREADS