Audio Nirvana - New In Ear Monitors

rich51080

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
As some people on here know I am a headphone fanatic. I have tried over 50+ models and I finally found the perfect headphones for me. The Awesome Earsonics SM3 V2.

I have owned many a headphone - including the Grado PS1000, Ultrasone Signature Pro, Westone UM2 and lately the Audiofly AF160.

The Earsonics are phenomenal - they really are that great. Superb imaging, Amazing detail retrieval and most of all a lovely thick creamy midrange. They are unlike anything I have ever owned. I would class them as like a Etymotic ER-4S with more bass.

On another note I have had 5 pairs of Audiofly in 7 months and they all had build defects such as cabling coming undone, the housing breaking or speaker grilles coming off. I managed to exchange my AF160 for the SM3 and they are in a league of their own.

They sound as good as my beloved Grado PS1000's and that is one mean feat in itself.

I am about to take the plunge and order a Silver Dragon cable from Moon Audio - Apparently it takes the SM3 to another level.

If you are serious about musical reproduction then I highyly recommend that you get a pair - they are stunning.

Im keeping these for sure. Finally found an in ear monitor that sounds as good as a full size headphone.

I am about to take the plunge and order an Astell and Kern digital audio player to see how much better these monitors can go.

rich51080

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
The SM3 are still showing as an active model in the range.

I not tried the SM64 but i have heard they are hard to drive as the impedance is high and need to be amped.

One fault about the SM3 - The tips keep coming off the stem of the earpiece.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts