My iPhone 5S should be turning up in an hour

Dom

gel said:
DomCheetham said:
Looking forward to the exellent sound quality.
Where did you buy it from?

It's a BT deal, and not the greatest either. It's because I'm having trouble getting a debit card, I can't sign up with the cheapest deal.

Having said that, it's an absolute marvel. Going from a £10 phone to a smart phone is the best thing I have done for a while.

Sound quality is good and the bass is dramatic, it's detailed through out the range.

What's truely great is the always online thing. Take a photo and it's GPS shows where it was taken, super. Listen to SHOUTcast anywhere, which I really like, a bit of jazz. Ofcourse checking out WHF on a walk is cool and checking emails anywhere.

It's one of my favourite devices of all time.

Dom

spiny norman said:
DomCheetham said:

Good luck with that one.

Thank you spiny norman.

Forgive me, was it you that said the iPhone 6s brought back the bite you were missing. In anycase this phone has great sound.

My AKG 451's are great, but I was suprised when it drove the HIFIMan 400i, without the need to turn it up.

Walking around town with planar magnetic's on my head would look a bit silly though. It's showing off whilst looking like a Cyberman, and I don't want to damage them either.

D

Deleted member 2457

DomCheetham said:
gel said:
DomCheetham said:
Where did you buy it from?

It's a BT deal, and not the greatest either. It's because I'm having trouble getting a debit card, I can't sign up with the cheapest deal.

Having said that, it's an absolute marvel. Going from a £10 phone to a smart phone is the best thing I have done for a while.

Sound quality is good and the bass is dramatic, it's detailed through out the range.

What's truely great is the always online thing. Take a photo and it's GPS shows where it was taken, super. Listen to SHOUTcast anywhere, which I really like, a bit of jazz. Ofcourse checking out WHF on a walk is cool and checking emails anywhere.

It's one of my favourite devices of all time.
Nice one.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
DomCheetham said:
spiny norman said:
DomCheetham said:

Good luck with that one.

Thank you spiny norman.

Forgive me, was it you that said the iPhone 6s brought back the bite you were missing. In anycase this phone has great sound.
Not sure if Spiny said it but I did. I upgraded from a 4S to a 5S and I felt the SQ was poorer. On the 6S it seems the SQ has returned. No idea if I just got a bad unit but I suspect not. The max volume on the 6S is still lower than the 4S, like the 5S, but to be fair that's only an issue if you listen to a lot of quiet music (such as classical) on high-impedance headphones.

Dom

MajorFubar said:
DomCheetham said:
spiny norman said:
DomCheetham said:

Good luck with that one.

Thank you spiny norman.

Not sure if Spiny said it but I did. I upgraded from a 4S to a 5S and I felt the SQ was poorer. On the 6S it seems the SQ has returned. No idea if I just got a bad unit but I suspect not. The max volume on the 6S is still lower than the 4S, like the 5S, but to be fair that's only an issue if you listen to a lot of quiet music (such as classical) on high-impedance headphones.

Right, thanks. Yes, it was one your posts that got me worried. Having listened to it for a while, it's good if not great.

So its not as good as the iPhone 6s, and yes I would have got that, if money was no concern, frankly I'm glad I could save a few pounds.

There are a few teething problems. Battery life is short. Internet usage is worrying, and some minor things I can sort out.

I like the iPod Nano because it's battery would last through the day and into the next, no problem, but I understand this is a different beast, it's an online computer and phone device. It's just a suger rush come down.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts