My Hi-Fi with my new amp purchased today :D

josh05

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Got the urge too show off :) picked up a Brio-R today for home demo, love it that much already, i have decided too buy it. Currently have the system setup in mums lounge room as she is away for a couple days and wanted to take advantage of the better accoustics for the demo.

josh__05

josh__05

josh__05

josh__05

Iam absolutely loving my system now, going too demo the Apollo-R when its released, that should be the icing on the cake for me. Will be connecting the turntable up tomorrow to check out the phono stage.

kevinJ

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
Those Rega boxes look really small compared to the NAD cd player!

How does the amp sound with those RX speakers? Does it have enough power to drive them? (Haven't heard the Brio-R yet)

Anyhow, that's a nice setup you have there :clap:

josh05

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks kevin :) The Rega amp powers them well, not quite as grunty as my C355BEE but it is well and truely enough too power the RX6s. The reason i went for the Rega gear was for that more musical and natural sound over the NAD. Before i got the Rega gear it was a very clinical sounding system, which was still really nice, but the Rega gear is more my cup of tea. dynamics swings sound more natural and the music just seems too flow better. oh and the bass is much tighter and more natural sounding. I'm really happy with it :grin:

When i heard the Brio-R for the first time at my local hifi dealer, it was powering Spendor A5s! suprisingly for low too medium volume levels it had no trouble controlling them and sounded beautiful too me, so natural, and had much more weight behind the sound than with my RX6s. I would love too get the Spendor A5s as well but it would kill my wallet at the moment, so they can wait. at the moment im extremly happy with what i have. Also even though the Brio-R handled the Spendors fine at lower to medium volume levels, i know i would still want too get the best out of them and buy a new amp aswell. So therfore they can wait quite a while.

TRENDING THREADS