seasonsdownfall

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Here she is,

Yamaha AS-500 Amplifier

Monitor Audio BX2's

Atacama Nexus 6i Speaker Stands

Chord Silverscreen Speaker Cable

+ A QED Performance 3.5mm Jack into RCA...

Sounding beautiful, plenty of running in today. Have single wired, both into high frequencies on the speakers.
405961_3020804764424_1391835820_3089704_212422559_n.jpg

seasonsdownfall

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
It's a 2nd floor (top) flat, that's why we've got the annoying roof bit! Annoying because i'm not getting the left speaker so nicely when im sitting at my desk!

Pistolpete, i think you helped me with a few things before i ordered - so thank you!

A

Anonymous

Nice set up bud!

How do you find the QED 3.5mm to RCA cable? As I'm thinking of having a change.....

seasonsdownfall

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I'm still deciding what to do, but longer cable is going to be essential either way... and i need to give my bank balance a rest for a while! haha. Thanks for advice though, that may be what I'll do, or set it up round our sofas in the lounge area!

But then i may be tempted to set up the DVD etc into it, which wouldn't be good... as i've heard..

A

Anonymous

Looks very nice ;)

Can the speakers be moved to either side of the shelving unit?

I know you'd need longer cable runs but I'm sure where you got your cable from will be more than able to help in that arena (and maybe even take the lengths you've got already back)

seasonsdownfall

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks man, yeah that could be possible as i could move the unit the amps on next to it!

I got a great deal on the MA Bx2's Atacama Stands and Chord Cable and QED 3.5 jack cable...

£318.90 for the lot, he knocked down the speakers even though they were at £225 which is cheapest online, to £205!

www.hifix.co.uk

they're very good with price matching!

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
seasonsdownfall said:
Thanks man! Decieving picture... haha

Here's another i took earlier to show the room, its my lounge... needs a bit of colour i think! haha.

:)

394194_3020832045106_1391835820_3089728_1803689720_n.jpg

Good job....although you could have organized a copy of WHF instead, on top of that pile. ;)

JoshRossouw

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Snap! I have the exact same setup, except I have the Pro-ject geni 1.3 instead.

I find with the QED 3.5mm cable, the jack is a bit shorter than usual so it comes out of the socket easily? However this didn't happen when bought it so maybe I've done something to it.

I've got the speakers at either side of my room which gives a nice spatial sound. Also Is that James Blake + Tears for Fears? Good stuff.

seasonsdownfall

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes! That's both the records :) good knowledge!

I think perhaps you've done something to it, as it's fine for me, although i understand what you mean by it being short! It's plugged into my mac all the time though...

Definitely need to work on my positioning, but just hurts that i've got to invest in longer speaker cable when i've only just purchased it!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts