My DigitalStream DHR8205U has died :-(

dave_k

Aug 26, 2009
Visit site
Hi All,

As there are some on here who know and understand all about the Digitalstream products I thought i put up a quick post for any tips on a last ditch attempt to revive my box. I don't really want to lose all the recorded content, but mainly I don't want to replace it with another make as I do like the user interface it offers.

Anyway, I tried installing the latest update from the MIT London website after the box became frozen on More 4 and 'Update Micom' appeared on the LCD screen. This was after a month or so of it working well following me installing the 'No Touch Micom'. Now, when i popped in the USB stick the TV screen displayed 'software update' then after a time went black. i switched off, removed the USB drive and switched back on again upon which the digitalstream went to first page of the set-up screen i.e. select aspect ratio, but I am unable to select anything with either the remote or the facia buttons, which are also unlit. This was last week and i left it to go on holiday. Tried again tonight to 'roll back' to the no touch micom - No joy, and also to install again the latest update - encore No Joy. So i'm out of ideas until i can contact MIT directly, but if I'm honest I'm beginning to lose heart in the digital stream. I want my electronics to work without faffing around everyother month trying to coax it back to life. Perhaps I'vejust been unlucky, in any case I'm sure John Lewis will step up to the refund plate if called upon, but before i do that, any ideas anyone?

Thanks!

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Missed this first time around, otherwise I would have told you to hold faith in MIT! I've seen a number of people on other forums who had their issues fixed by them and they're generally very good.

Hope all goes well from now on - mine is still operating well 14 months on, and I know there are many others who've been running longer, so hopefully all will be fine now.

se7en

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
HI Dave K, and professorhat

Last night my Digital stream died in exactly the same manner as you stated above , how long did it take for mit london to respond?

I dont suppose you have the link or files they sent you still to remedy the digital stream please?

Many thanks

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Unfortunately I never had the issue so have never been sent the files I'm afraid. When I have contacted MIT in the past, they've got back to me within a couple of days at the latest, mostly within a day.

In the meantime, you could check out this site and see if one of the software versions there helps...

se7en

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi Professorhat,

Thats a superb link thanks for that it constantly amazes me how you know all these links. :clap:, however i have managed to fix with rolling back to an older udate from micom 1.32 or 1.33 i forget which. Do i need to do anything else?? Its still running on latest firmware just micom changed.

Thanks once again i take my hat off to you. Professorhat

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
se7en said:
Thats a superb link thanks for that it constantly amazes me how you know all these links. :clap:

Ahh, too much time messing round on the internet I guess!

se7en said:
however i have managed to fix with rolling back to an older udate from micom 1.32 or 1.33 i forget which. Do i need to do anything else?? Its still running on latest firmware just micom changed.

Should be okay, but I'd let MIT know the original issue and what you've done and see what they say - they might still provide another update to make things 100%.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts