My daughter has just....

Oxfordian

Bought a Roberts Radio when DAB became the in thing for listening to the radio, I have to be honest it was a disappointment, build quality wasn't great, after a while it refused to work on battery became a mains only device and then stopped working completely.

Not overly impressed with Roberts and not bought anything with their name on since.

Gray

...yes I think it might just be another case of "not as good as they used to be".
An Auntie insisted on Roberts, one of her newer ones went intermittent.
Another she gave me, looks OK and to be fair, I listen to it daily, but it's nothing special.

Best I can say is that it's probably no worse than other current makes 🤔

Edbostan

Aug 5, 2021
Visit site
Bought a Roberts Radio when DAB became the in thing for listening to the radio, I have to be honest it was a disappointment, build quality wasn't great, after a while it refused to work on battery became a mains only device and then stopped working completely.

Not overly impressed with Roberts and not bought anything with their name on since.
Was it the model with the fake wood side cheeks and bass boost which muddied the sound? If do it was a disappointment.

Oxfordian

Was it the model with the fake wood side cheeks and bass boost which muddied the sound? If do it was a disappointment.
No, it had a sloping top and made from what appeared to be a quality plastic, it was the start of the DAB era the sound was okay, we bought it to have as a kitchen radio but it just fell apart rather quickly although outside of the warranty period. A big disappointment as my parents had a Roberts FM radio and had had it for years and years, so that's why I went for a Roberts DAB radio.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts