My B&W ASW610 sub wont play ball!!! help!!! - NOW FIXED!!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Im dumbfounded with my amp and sub at the mo and am looking for a little guidance. I have carried out the YPAO auto set up on the Yamaha (RXV-1800) amp as I have just added a further B&W M1 speaker to make my system 6.1, and its set as the surround rear. The system setup carried out ok, and with my new Denon Blu-Ray im even getting the lovely DTS HD MA coming up, however my sub just wont come on!!!

I can turn it on manually, but the installers set it to auto. Either way, manual or auto when it's on I am getting no sound from it. I have tried the manual set up option, adjusted the speakers to small and set the freq to 80hz for the sub.... still nothing!!

Can anyone help? I have all this lovely technology and cant get to hear the full potential (and my OH is getting bored of me trying in vain to fix it, apparently its interrupting her watching X-Factor of all things!!!)

Please help!!!!

A

Anonymous

It sounds like you havent turned it on , You need to go in to the setup menu in the Receiver menu and make sure Sub is = ON ( Sometimes it comes up as Main + )

Also make sure you have connected it the right way from the Pre out on the Sub.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
m330kd:Hi,

Im dumbfounded with my amp and sub at the mo and am looking for a little guidance. I have carried out the YPAO auto set up on the Yamaha (RXV-1800) amp as I have just added a further B&W M1 speaker to make my system 6.1, and its set as the surround rear. The system setup carried out ok, and with my new Denon Blu-Ray im even getting the lovely DTS HD MA coming up, however my sub just wont come on!!!

I can turn it on manually, but the installers set it to auto. Either way, manual or auto when it's on I am getting no sound from it. I have tried the manual set up option, adjusted the speakers to small and set the freq to 80hz for the sub.... still nothing!!

Can anyone help? I have all this lovely technology and cant get to hear the full potential (and my OH is getting bored of me trying in vain to fix it, apparently its interrupting her watching X-Factor of all things!!!)

Please help!!!!

You want to set the frequency to around 140hz so that the sub kicks in otherwise the sats will be doing the bass work.

A

Anonymous

Check that sub cable is connected to PRE OUT portion of the amp and not the MULTI CH INPUT. Check speaker settings on amp, Bass Out should be BOTH or SWFR, out the box default setting is Both.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts