My 1st Bluray experience!! Audio setup help needed.

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Hi forum users, It was my 40th Wednesday and the money rolled in! I decided to get the LGBD390 bluray player as RS done me a fab deal at £210 with 5yr warranty and a Cambridge audio HDMI 1.5mtr lead worth (£40). Done deal. Going to connect it to my yammy amp via mch input as no HDMI on amp. Manual is confusing! Once connected what do I set BD player to in audio setup to? Hdmi pass thru? Re-encode? Or bitstream, PCM? Not to sure! Any help will be a bonus. Thanks Darrell

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Shouldn't matter, as those options only affect the digital output. As long as the player is set to work in multichannel, and output analogue, you should be fine.

You just need to set it to 5.1 or 7.1-channel in the speaker set-up option of the audio set-up menu: see manual p30

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
sta99y:Hi forum users,
It was my 40th Wednesday and the money rolled in! I decided to get the LGBD390 bluray player as RS done me a fab deal at £210 with 5yr warranty and a Cambridge audio HDMI 1.5mtr lead worth (£40). Done deal.
Going to connect it to my yammy amp via mch input as no HDMI on amp. Manual is confusing! Once connected what do I set BD player to in audio setup to? Hdmi pass thru? Re-encode? Or bitstream, PCM? Not to sure! Any help will be a bonus.
Thanks Darrell

sta99y

is there not a menu selection for multi channel out from the 390, along with a set up menu for speaker distances etc, as the multi ch in to your amp is using the amp just as that, an amplifier, all setting up has to be done at the BDP is my understanding?

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Just going to look now, wife out, baby in bed so can't blast it but will go thru setup now, il post back in a bit.
Thanks to both for your replies :)

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
It's downloading an update at moment. I have selected 5.1 in audio menu.
It sets as

HDMI PCM stereo
SPDIF DTS Re-Encode
Sampling Freq 192khz
DRC Off
Speaker setup 5.1

I have amp set to mch input, HDMI to 50" Sammy plasma and a coaxal to amp for DVD audio playback. When I choose audio setup on HDMI I can choose PCM Stereo, PCM Multi-Ch,DTS Re-Encode or primary Pass-thru. It automatically sets to PCM Stereo. On the coax (SPDIF) it's on Re-Encode. Is this correct.

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Hey Andrew,
I have just popped in my copy of DVE High def disc, it says insert this side up for HD DVD & reverse for PAL. so I popped it into player and warning triangle with exclamation mark appears and ejects disc. On the other side it plays fine and audio can be switched DD5.1, 2.1 DTS etc... How come it does not play the HD side?? That has all the Video resolutions and HD Audio choices!! I have no bluray films as yet!!

Also when I get the spk setup screen I set all to small but next choice is high middle or low!! Is this placement is sound level??

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
You should of called me a muppet lol. I can't believe I asked that even with HD DVD on the case.

Using multi ch input can I still adjust my bass management from amp remote by turning up sub level??

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Hi again,
I have just been playing the wheels on the bus DVD for my 2yr old which was from the pound shop lol. It's been played to death as you can imagine!! I told my wife to come have a look and even she was like "my god that really is different" now I could come in from work with a broken leg and she wouldn't notice! Lol. Can't wait to spin a bluray disc!!

TRENDING THREADS