Musical High End AV Amp Advice!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

wellington:
Damien - congratulations on the Pioneer. And thank you for your feedback. I am looking foreward to receiving the Cyrus - should make a world of difference compared to the Arcam. May I ask what cable you are getting?

Nick: forgot to thank you for your input on the Yamaha v Pioneer. My taste in music is varied (isn't it always) but would probably be mostly rock of the classic variety. You point on the 803+Pioneer being perhaps too forward is well taken - although with this type of music one wouldn't necessarily want something too laid back...?

Thanks - I'm getting Van Den Hul's 'The Thunderline' - that's what I have now, I'm just getting longer lengths.

A

Anonymous

Hi wellington,

Congratulations on your purchase of a new Cyrus CD Player. I am sure that you cannot wait to receive it!

Dan.

A

Anonymous

thank you for the info damian.

dan: thanks - yes very excited! i will probably go the pioneer route for now with the cyrus and am sure hear serious improvement. down the line i will certainly (it is an addiction after all) move to a dedicated solution for hifi amplification.

but for now have high hopes for the new combo.

A

Anonymous

Another thing you can do which makes a good improvement to music on the AV amps is after running the Audyssey MultiEQ XT setup, increase all the Db levels up to 7-8 levels as a minimum.

You go into the menu/speaker settings to do this. It enables the 192kHz/24bit Burr Brown DACs to work so much better.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts