Musical Fidelity X-ray v8 & x-dac v8

A

Anonymous

Not heard them but that's something of a great bargain. The dac is £1000 on it's own and MF have always been good at designing outboard dacs

A

Anonymous

What hi-fi gave this combo 5 stars and that was at the full price of £1800 - for £800 should be a bargain

A

Anonymous

[quote user="matengawhat"]Ok - just taken the plunge and bought one - the items will arrive tomorrow - i'm hoping for big improvements over my Kandy CDP[/quote]

Early report would be appreciated as I'm tempted for these for £800.......

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
well i bought it as the company were offering another 10% off it untill end of last wend so it only cost me £720 - sat at the side of my office desk now counting the mins till 17.00 so can go home and set it up!!!

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
ok been set up for about 30 mins - first impression - good solid build - looks good - remote a bit cheap - cd tray prob cheapest i have ever seen and opens so fast! As soon as hit play wow - vocals far better more open as is the soundstage - bass much deeper - seems far more neutral as my top end was a little off before, seems very easy to listen to. Difference between tube and solid state seems subtle at moment not kine of thing can really asses on short listen - will update. First impressions really good def upgrade on my Kandy CDP

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
this imho is the best single upgrade i have ever made - been listening to it all night with no fatigue - all kind of music - instruments and vocals are just so much more detailed than before - really really impressed

A

Anonymous

[quote user="matengawhat"]been listening to it all night with no fatigue [/quote]

but now its starting to kick in at work and.........zzzzz :)

A

Anonymous

[quote user="matengawhat"]lol - last looked at the clock at about 2am this morning and thought better call it a night - prob had also kept the neighbours awake - shattered now but nearly the weekend![/quote]

Are you asleep now or still listening? [Friday 06/06 9pm!]

I would love to hear this against my kit.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts