Musical Fidelity X-Ray CD player v8 / DAC v8

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
I'm curently using the MF DAC to power my CD Player - would I notice any sonic improvements by adding a Musical Fidelity Triple X-170 PSU to power the CD player instead of taking the power from the DAC? Been offered one at a good price but can't really test it out - just wondered if any one has any experience with this?

A

Anonymous

Like a Cyrus PSXR, adding a separate power supply unit is said to enhance the sound, but in my opinion, not by very much. I have listened to a Cyrus system with and without the PSXR, and I would say, to my ears at least, that the sonic improvements measured between 5-10%.

You have to have a listen yourself to determine if this is worth the added outlay in monetary terms.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
I don't think it worth worry about. DAC V8 is top of the bargain list at the moment, the price they are selling at in the last few weeks (certain dealers) is hard to beat on sound per pound preformance!

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
I paid £720 for both the CD player and the DAC brand new - absolute bargain sounds fantastic best investament i've ever made - now have my squeezbox going through the same DAC and thats really singing aswell.

A

Anonymous

Thaiman:I don't think it worth worry about. DAC V8 is top of the bargain list at the moment, the price they are selling at in the last few weeks (certain dealers) is hard to beat on sound per pound preformance!

Which dealers please? Thanks.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Thaiman, how about a picture of you rather than that muppet Elvis? Then if I bump into you in Sainsburys I will say hello.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
The king still alive and well matey....LINK

and according to my wife, i am getting fatter by the day! my trouser size however still the same for the last 10 years
emotion-11.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts