MUSICAL FIDELITY X-A200R - Comments please! :)

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
Hi!

Just brought a Musical Fidelity X-A200R to drive some Eclipse td510s that i purchased recently. I have brought the amp without listening to it as it was secondhand and i liked the look of it. Also i seemed to get a good deal so could flog on if i dont like it. Does anyone have any thing they could add about the amp? Is it any good? How is it with detail?

A

Anonymous

Brilliant amp; youll not go far wrong with it IMO

Solid sounstage with plenty of punch and rhythm. definitely needs good speakers & a good source to hear it at it's best

A

Anonymous

Brilliant amp; youll not go far wrong with it IMO

Solid sounstage with plenty of punch and rhythm. definitely needs good speakers & a good source to hear it at it's best

A

Anonymous

Cracking amp, sold it years ago and wondered why I did for years! :)

A

Anonymous

I used mf's x -seris for 5 year's, you have a great amp there!

A

Anonymous

Teriffic amps, there wasn't a bad amp made in the tubular X-series, but the X-A200R was definetly the best integrated, by a long way. Many thought that the X-A200 monoblocks weren't an upgrade from the X-A200R integrated and the only upgrade was to bridge some X-AS100's! You've got a keeper, from one of MF's better series' of products :).

El Hefe

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
i can only concur to all the comments here about the amp. The tubular X series were MF's proud and joy. But of course, I am always biased towards MF. Hahaha.

ajmjcowan

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I had one of these not that long ago - great little amp. Like all MF amps I've owned it was very musical and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I kind of wish I kept it to be honest, and have found myself recently looking around at some of the XA amps again (I also had an XA1 years ago, which was also very good).

However, I did find that the treble could be a bit harsh initially until the amp warmed up and I also found the lower bass could at times seem a bit muddied and monotone. These were only very minor criticisms though.

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys!

Richard can you tell me how it compares to the K2? I had one recently and it broke and was not too pleased with the roksan after sales service so decided to get rid. When i got my current amp I had blown most of my budget on the speakers so could not get something new of k2 quality. How does the amp compare to the k2 in terms of transparency? I know its not as powerful (in pure watts terms atleast) but my speakers are very easy to drive.

Thank you all!

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys!

Richard can you tell me how it compares to the K2? I had one recently and it broke and was not too pleased with the roksan after sales service so decided to get rid. When i got my current amp I had blown most of my budget on the speakers so could not get something new of k2 quality. How does the amp compare to the k2 in terms of transparency? I know its not as powerful (in pure watts terms atleast) but my speakers are very easy to drive.

Thank you all!

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Hi. I've started a thread about speakers. The performance differences between the amps are quite small but the XA2 does seem more competent (precise) with a lot of the type of music I like. Nine Inch Nails etc. However the k2 def has more prescence which you'd expect. Anyway I think my current speakers (B&W CM7) are very well suited to the XA2 but less so to the k2, so I am about to demo some Proacs. I'll always keep my XA2 and maybe my current speakers to make yet another system, my house doesn't have enough rooms.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts