Musical Fidelity V DAC II ..

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Impatiently couldn't wait for Marantz, so in the mean time the MF V DAC II has filled a gap.

The box says

" The new V Series offers state of the art performance. With today's expectations of inflated prices for high-end it seems an incredible proposition. But it is true. The V series secret is simple. We use state of the art components and layout but we do not put them in the extravagant metalwork that is typical of high end.

Believe it or not, only four or five percent of the cost of high end is in the electronic components that do the work and make the sound. Thebother 95% is metalwork that has no connection to technical or sonic performance.

The V series has about 70% of its value in electronic components. Consequently, the V series offers a similar quality and quantity of components to high end, but at an intelligent price. The V series is the thinking mans High end. "

Well I don't know about all that, but, I can tell you it sounds excellent!

:)

A

Anonymous

I use the v-dac 2 with the v-psu 2, it sound's very nice, i hope you enjoy your dac as much as i enjoy mine! thats a nice system you have there.

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Jimm, Yeah really enjoying my system. It's not pricey realative to some other stuff, but it really does a great job.

After a few hours listening I am really pleased With my purchase.

such a natural sound .

A

Anonymous

Yea the v-dac 2 has a smooth analogue sound, the dac will improve over time, you can add a v-psu 2 at some point if you want to upgrade, i found the psu made a nice difference to the bass and overall detail, for £200 i cant see how you could better it, in fact i would bet the v-dac 2 would give arcams r dac a run for it's money.

Zax89swe

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Moon what was your first dac? I wonder how that vdac 2 really sounds after all positive comments, my previous speaker bx2 and my setup sound far from neutral. with little more balanced speaker dali zensor its better but still somewhat harsh and unharmonical but I guess I have to replace my pc soundcard.

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi Larry, i was hoping Marantz would produce a stand alone DAC. It seems as though they have no plans as of yet, so I decided to fill the gap with the MF V DAC II.

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Zax89swe said:
Moon what was your first dac? I wonder how that vdac 2 really sounds after all positive comments, my previous speaker bx2 and my setup sound far from neutral. with little more balanced speaker dali zensor its better but still somewhat harsh and unharmonical but I guess I have to replace my pc soundcard.

My first DAC was the original DAC Magic, but had to sell it, needed the cash. I heard the original V DAC at a show through headphones and really liked the presentation. I took a punt on the newer version............. and scored. :bounce:

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
jimm said:
Yea the v-dac 2 has a smooth analogue sound, the dac will improve over time, you can add a v-psu 2 at some point if you want to upgrade, i found the psu made a nice difference to the bass and overall detail, for £200 i cant see how you could better it, in fact i would bet the v-dac 2 would give arcams r dac a run for it's money.

It certainly appears to be a big fat bargain at 200. and yes smooth analogue is a good description.

A

Anonymous

True, but from what i have read the mf m1 is still better than v-dac/psu 2 combo, i am going to demoing the m1 very soon, if it really is better then ill buy one.

Helmut80

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
jimm said:
True, but from what i have read the mf m1 is still better than v-dac/psu 2 combo, i am going to demoing the m1 very soon, if it really is better then ill buy one.

Yes that was what I was trying to say.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts