Musical Fidelity system replacement

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just as I completed my system upgrade (Squeezebox, MF X24 DAC, PSU, X-P100, X-A200 monblocks and PMC FB1+), my girlfriend and I visited some friends who are lucky enough to have a Bel Canto Dac3 and Ref1000 Amps. I have been "told" I "must" reduce the amount of kit I have, so would apreciate any thoughts as to whether the Bel Canto gear would suit my PMCs. TBH I find the sound of my current system a little cold and the Bel Canto stuff has very high WAF/GAF ;-)

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
Bel canto are very good. I had the pre3 and s300. Dont know about pmcs as ive never had them. The sound is NOT warm though. Very detailed and quick with ace bass control. Also yes very small easy to accomodate boxes.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Perhaps also consider AVI ADM9.1's. They are not cold sounding either, just accurate and very dynamic. Need a sub though. She would love them ... and you. There's a guy on here that is moving abroad which has auditioned the AVI's. If I remember right they where comparable to his current expensive system at many times the active's price, bass apart, hence the addition of a good sub. I've had them here with a cheap MJ Acoustics Pro 50 and it was awesome. I'll get them shortly, one left of my kuro ... one on the right. Lovely.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts