Musical Fidelity Bluetooth Receiver BLU V90

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
I got the MF V90-BLU to stream music from my phone (iPhone 5) via Bluetooth to my MF A3 amplifier. The sound quality is great. However, what isn't so great is how it connects to your phone. After pairing, the V90-BLU itself emits an audible mechanical click when you start to play a song on your phone. And, after the song finishes, if you don't get another track playing again within a few seconds, there's another click as the connection is closed. It seems the connection isn't actually kept open unless there's a music signal present. This also means the first few milliseconds of my track are missed while the connection is being opened. Is there a soloution to this? I'd rather not have to get another Bluetooth receiver.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
When you set up the iPhone for copying songs from the computer in iTunes, do you specify the "gapless playback"? I don't know if that will help - just thought I'd mention it.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
dalethorn said:
When you set up the iPhone for copying songs from the computer in iTunes, do you specify the "gapless playback"? I don't know if that will help - just thought I'd mention it.

It would help. The iOS on the iPhone stops the bluetooth link at the end of tracks so it's not a problem with the BLU.

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for getting g back to me Joel. I tried it with my nephew's Samsung and the same thing happens. It must be somthing I am doing wrong because as far as I'm aware only one other guy on Amazon reported this problem. No one else is complaining might be a faulty device

Ill try the other suggestion

thanks again

george.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
On Spotify go to Edit > Preferences > Advanced Settings and then play with the crossfade tracks slider. See if it changes.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
This is the explanation I got from MF earlier today when I asked the question.
When the stream is ended, the APPLE iOS stops the bluetooth link.
This will cause the V90 Blu to disconnect.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
JoelSim said:
This is the explanation I got from MF earlier today when I asked the question.

When the stream is ended, the APPLE iOS stops the bluetooth link. This will cause the V90 Blu to disconnect.

If that's not already fixable with workarounds, it should be a high priority for Apple to fix their iOS.

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
Dale/Joel

thank you so much for investigating it for me. I'm afraid neither the gapless play or adjusting the cross fade worked

joel - re your last note. I phoned MF some time ago and the problem was news them. TheRe is a high priority button on the BLU but it seems to apply to coaxial and optical connections only. mine is an analogue it's the old MF A3 I'll have a play with that switch anyway

This must work properly for other with iPhones or there would be a flood of complaints.

thanks again guys!

TRENDING THREADS