Musical Blu ray player

raven219

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Having just got a Panasonic VT 50 I am looking at updating my blu ray player to a 3D version. I want to get one that is good with CD playback as this will be a one box solution. It will be partnered with an Arcam AVR 250 with Parardogm Studio 10 speakers.

Any recommendations for mid range players please?

Thanks

hunnyy

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
Will the blu-ray player be connected to your Arcam 250 by way of HDMI bit-streaming, (and thus the musicality of the sound will be determined by the Arcam), or connected via analogue outs?

hunnyy

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
Will the blu-ray player be connected to your Arcam 250 by way of HDMI bit-streaming, (and thus the musicality of the sound will be determined by the Arcam), or connected via analogue outs?

raven219

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Budget would be up to £500.

Arcam doesn't have any HDMI connections so would be connected via analogue outs.

Also happy to look out for older/second hand models.

Cheers

Peter Kudelstaart

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
As you have a fantastic plasma you could keep it in the family and take a look at the Panasonic DMP-BDT500. Has excellent audio and can be had for half your budget.

sonicboom

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I realise I am joining this a bit late. I have the Cambridge 751 set up ( bd and receiver) and it is very nice musically. One thing I would mention is that analogue connections are essential for cd playback to avoid the digital "clipping" you sometimes get playing back discs on either hdmi or digital connection.

TRENDING THREADS