Music Streamer Next Step

ROB2009

Jan 17, 2008
Visit site
Hi all

I currently have a Bluesound Node 2 connected to a Hegel H360, I only stream Tidal hifi and don’t own any cd’s, or have any music stored digitally. I don’t need Bluesound for multiroom as I have Sonos speakers throughout the house.

I’m thinking of upgrading the streamer, I don’t need a DAC as I’ll connect digitally to the Hegel and use the internal one in that.

Any thoughts or suggestions as to possible products will be appreciated.

Tonestar1

ROB2009 said:
Hi all

I currently have a Bluesound Node 2 connected to a Hegel H360, I only stream Tidal hifi and don’t own any cd’s, or have any music stored digitally. I don’t need Bluesound for multiroom as I have Sonos speakers throughout the house.

I’m thinking of upgrading the streamer, I don’t need a DAC as I’ll connect digitally to the Hegel and use the internal one in that.

If you are not using the DAC then I doubt anything will be an upgrade sound wise. You may find something with a better UI but I really can't see there being any difference in sound quality. It will make as much difference as a fancy CAT5 or USB cable.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
ROB2009 said:
Hi all

I currently have a Bluesound Node 2 connected to a Hegel H360, I only stream Tidal hifi and don’t own any cd’s, or have any music stored digitally. I don’t need Bluesound for multiroom as I have Sonos speakers throughout the house.

I’m thinking of upgrading the streamer, I don’t need a DAC as I’ll connect digitally to the Hegel and use the internal one in that. 

What's your budget. Aurender do some much acclaimed digital only transports.

But spending so much on a digital transport while using the inbuilt dac of the Hegel will not be a big jump in my opinion. In my humble opinion the bluesound is good enough a transport for the Hegel. So best results are with a aurender and external dac in my opinion.

insider9

Why do you need a streamer at all? You can play Tidal directly to your Hegel amp and files over Airplay and DLNA. I know Bluesound/Sonos has a far better interface but BubbleUPnp works absolutely fine. Have you tried it?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts