Music storage Device

Geraldo

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
I have looking for some time at devices to rip and download my cd collection but still maintain a decent sound quality. I have CD's every where and can never find them or have not played some for years that I have forgotten about. I would also like to downlaod FLAC files to play. Looked at Olive 4 HD music server but was put off by price of £2199, I see an Olive 3 HD with smaller drive space but priced at realistic £899 although it is only $999 in the states (£623 at current exchange rates). Is anyone using an Olive and what are your thoughts. I plan to also upgrade my current NAD 320BEE amp to Marantz PM 8003. I have MS 904 floorstanders which I am happy with but will upgrade if the Marantz will sound better with something else. I have approx £2000 to spend. Any help out there.

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
If looks are not a priority i would consider a Vortexbox.

Rip Cd's (up to 3000) in FLAC and playback via a DAC through USB. If you want to download files, do so and put them onto a memory stick then on to the Vortex.

Cost wise about £400 then you would need a DAC, something along the lines of an Arcam rDAC. That will cost around £300.

Thats £700.

Spend the rest on upgrading the system.

emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts