Music life app

cse

Mar 3, 2008
Visit site
Hi all. Does anyone use the music life app for Arcam. I have downloaded it for my Arcam Solo Music but it doesn't recognise my unit only my iPad. Consequently i am unable to use it. Response from Arcam has been very slow and minimal.

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Silly question possibly, but is your Arcam Solo already logged onto your network? The iPad and the Arcam both need to be on the network to be able to talk to one another.

cse

Mar 3, 2008
Visit site
Leeps said:
Silly question possibly, but is your Arcam Solo already logged onto your network? The iPad and the Arcam both need to be on the network to be able to talk to one another.
Actually not a silly question. Arcam telephoned me and talked me through setting up the Arcam to my network. The app now works. So thanks for your thoughts.

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
cse said:
Leeps said:
Actually not a silly question. Arcam telephoned me and talked me through setting up the Arcam to my network. The app now works. So thanks for your thoughts.

In the wider context of Arcam's customer service, it's encouraging that they called you. Glad it's sorted though. Once you've had chance to play with the app, it would likely be helpful to Arcam users and potential Arcam users on your thoughts about the app: it's general stability, useability, and obvious glitches or issues with layout. Do you use Spotify or similar on the app? How well integrated is it?

With so many products being app-based now, the design and robustness of the software can make or break a component. A hifi's otherwise excellent sound quality can be very much undone by a glitchy temperamental poorly designed app. Wasn't so much of a consideration with CD with eject, play, pause forward, rewind and skip being your only options.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts