Music Hall turntables

Chris Munden

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
Any body seen one of these turntables, I believe Music Hall is an American company but the decks look like they are made in Europe possibly by Pro-Ject, the arms certainly look like a Project carbon, The twin plinth design on the 5.3 and 7.3 models looks like a good idea to isolate the motor from the top plinth.

Chris Munden said:
Any body seen one of these turntables, I believe Music Hall is an American company but the decks look like they are made in Europe possibly by Pro-Ject, the arms certainly look like a Project carbon, The twin plinth design on the 5.3 and 7.3 models looks like a good idea to isolate the motor from the top plinth.

Not seen any dealers where I live but they get good reviews and, although they don't admit it, they are almost certainly made by Project. Which cannot be a bad thing. However, pictures on their website show them fitted with Goldring cartridges but blurb says they actually come with a cartridge made by Ortofon, no doubt a clone of the 2M Red, which isn't such a good thing. ;-)

Chris Munden

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
In case you need to find out more,

Music Hall UK

Units 7 - 8, Stortford Hall industrial park, Dunmow Road, Bishops Stortford, Hertfordshire, CM23 5GZ

Tel 01279 50111, E mail: info@armourhome.co.uk

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Chris Munden said:
In case you need to find out more,

Music Hall UK

Units 7 - 8, Stortford Hall industrial park, Dunmow Road, Bishops Stortford, Hertfordshire, CM23 5GZ

Tel 01279 50111, E mail: info@armourhome.co.uk

A fairly clumsy attempt to promote Music Hall TT's, quite amusing really

Chris Munden said:
Certainly not promoting Music Hall Turntables, just thought would be useful information for the members.

You have to be careful just how much info. you post on here before becoming an 'advert'. The fact you can buy American made turntables somewhere in the UK is not news. The fact they are very much a clone is.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Al ears said:
The fact you can buy American made turntables somewhere in the UK is not news. The fact they are very much a clone is.

I didn't think the provenance of the Music Hall turntables was ever a secret: in fact Roy has always been as upfront about this as he is about the fact that he pinched all the good bits of the design of his turntables from other products, as is clear in this interview

spiny norman said:
Al ears said:
The fact you can buy American made turntables somewhere in the UK is not news. The fact they are very much a clone is.

I didn't think the provenance of the Music Hall turntables was ever a secret: in fact Roy has always been as upfront about this as he is about the fact that he pinched all the good bits of the design of his turntables from other products, as is clear in this interview

I wasn't referring to Roy, just Mr. Munden.

However it would be nice to see something new for a change and not so many jumping on the bandwagon with no clue as to presenting a decent alternative to the usual suspects.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Al ears said:

However it would be nice to see something new for a change and not so many jumping on the bandwagon with no clue as to presenting a decent alternative to the usual suspects.

I see. I think. But the split plinth Music Hall tables are quite innovative. Ish.

music-hall-audio-mmf-11-1-turntable.jpg

expat_mike

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
spiny norman said:
Al ears said:

I see. I think. But the split plinth Music Hall tables are quite innovative. Ish.

First thing that leapt into my mind, was whether that Music Hall turntable was engineered on similar principles to this Clearaudio turntable. http://www.hifinews.co.uk/news/article/clearaudio-master-innovation-pound;14500-black-pound;15400;-tonearm-pound;3350;-stand-pound;8000-black-pound;8500/20182

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
expat_mike said:
First thing that leapt into my mind, was whether that Music Hall turntable was engineered on similar principles to this Clearaudio turntable. http://www.hifinews.co.uk/news/article/clearaudio-master-innovation-pound;14500-black-pound;15400;-tonearm-pound;3350;-stand-pound;8000-black-pound;8500/20182

Or was the Clearaudio inspired by a Transrotor? ;-)

I think the Music Hall is just a development of the company's two-layer split-plinth models: a design which, IIRC, Roy said he nicked from a Revolver model!

Jim_W

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
spiny norman said:
expat_mike said:

Or was the Clearaudio inspired by a Transrotor? ;-)

I think the Music Hall is just a development of the company's two-layer split-plinth models: a design which, IIRC, Roy said he nicked from a Revolver model!

Yes, RG said the idea was from Revolver. I have a couple of Revolver turntables and I would always recommend them as good second-hand buys; they were introduced pretty much as direct competition with the Planar 2 and 3. I thought they sounded better; others didn't and they struggled. Shame.

TRENDING THREADS