Music centre/Dansette/all in one record player kind of equipment

HenryRoot

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I have a modest selection of vinyl I want to leave in a guest bedroom with an all in one record player, as a bit of a fun way for guests to ve able to listen to some music. Doesn't have to be brilliant sound quality, but I'd like it not to be cheap-sounding rubbish.

Anyone got any ideas about the sort of solutions or bits of equipment I should be looking at. Up to about £400 for the whole thing, but preferably cheaper.

Thanks.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Depends on your guests really. If they are people you know and trust to respect the kit and your records, then there are sellers on ebay who refurbish/restore original Dansettes to a very high cosmetic and technical standard (and have excellent feedback for doing so).

Your budget is enough to buy most of the best examples I have seen.

Someone like this maybe...

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/adriantrax68?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
HenryRoot said:
Thanks. Nice thought. But are there any good modern versions of the same idea, with decent stereo and a better sound quality?
Nothing apart from a couple of Dansette type copies (by Steepletone) that aren't stereo and won't sound as good as the valve powered originals.

A Google search brought this up...

Clicky.

It has six 6 five star feedback user reviews and it is made by TEAC so who knows? It might be quite good.

Built-in speakers too...

31pPI1qOFiL._SL500_.jpg

I'm not saying it's any good (i've never heard one) but it's the only one-box, all-in-one, brand new, stereo, record player system I can find that is made by a serious audio company.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I can see what you're wanting to do and I like the idea, but there's only one way to make the impact you want to make and that's with a classic player from the 50s/60s. Anything modern will look you've plonked a cheap music-centre in there for no real reason. Dansettes are the obvious ones but because they're the most collectable they're the most expensive. Consider other makes from the same era like Pye, Ferguson, Bush and Dynatron. And imo it doesn't need to be stereo.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts