Music/Artists this forum has introduced

Gaz37

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
As per title really

What artists have you "discovered" as a result of recommendations from this forum?

Two that spring to mind for me are London Grammar and Dead can Dance, plus a very good classical playlist on Spotify. Sadly I can't remember who recommended them but if you know who you are, thanks

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Gaz37 said:
As per title really

What artists have you "discovered" as a result of recommendations from this forum?

Two that spring to mind for me are London Grammar and Dead can Dance, plus a very good classical playlist on Spotify. Sadly I can't remember who recommended them but if you know who you are, thanks

Lapsley; Tina Dico; Bria; Agnes Obel; Kandace Springs; Fara... and that’s only been the last six months worth of WHF forum inspired gems!

Samd

Gaz37 said:
As per title really

is London Grammar 2nd album (took a while!) Agnes Obel, Angus and Julia Stone. Additionally Kate Rusby but not struck on her at all!

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
I don't think I've found any new artists directly from this forum, but many moons ago someone mentioned the website GNOD.com (Global Network Of Discovery), using their Music map (and Spotify) I've found quite a few "new" acts.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Kettle and secede album recently by Electro. The best one so far if you like ambient and experimental electronic stuff.

but London Grammar is a turn off for me. Sorry. It’s just vocal twilling like X factor , not much song writing talent, and just a bit boring. But I’d agree Agnes Obel is a fantastic artist who has come to the fore in last few years, of much higher musical standard than London grammar for me.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Dead Can Dance but that was a long time ago (4 years?).

I have mentioned Mari Boine a few times.

Pieta Brown is one recent one.

Also Holly Arrowsmith and The Oh Hellos.

Gaz37

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
QuestForThe13thNote said:
Kettle and secede album recently by Electro. The best one so far if you like ambient and experimental electronic stuff.

but London Grammar is a turn off for me. Sorry. It’s just vocal twilling like X factor , not much song writing talent, and just a bit boring. But I’d agree Agnes Obel is a fantastic artist who has come to the fore in last few years, of much higher musical standard than London grammar for me. 

Agnes Obel, whilst I enjoy London Grammar on the basis that for me it's simply a beautiful sound, I agree that their songs are not best written or meaningful.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts