Multiregion Sony DAVIS10 Performance

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have been looking into a compact surround sound for music and movies and this seems to fit the bill but I need it to be multiregion. Have seen a few sites advertising this model as multiregion but does anyone know if there is any change in it's performance by making it multiregion. Don't want to splash out only to find that whatever they do to make it multiregion has an adverse effect on performance.

Many thanks.

A

Anonymous

No difference. Its a software not a hardware fix. The Davis-10 is a brilliant little piece of kit and I use it for all my region 1 DVDs. Just bear in mind the sound issue.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that but what do you mean about the sound issue? I thought this was meant to be good or have I missed something?

A

Anonymous

No, its fine but if you type in 'Sony Dav-is10' or 'Sony silence' in the search box at the top of the page, you will see it was an issue with a few of us at the time. Its something to be aware of, but not a reason to stop you buying it.

A

Anonymous

Ah, I see what you mean. Still think it will be the best for me.

I see in one of your other replies about this system that there are some rear speaker stands for £80ish - have had a look at the Sony site but couldn't see these or on any other sites. Are they just a generic speaker stand. With the minature speaker size I was expecting to need a special stand.

A

Anonymous

Sony ws-is10f. Stone audio are showing them @ £65.00

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all your help. Everything is now ordered - just got to wait (patiently) for delivery!

A

Anonymous

One of your friends is sure to have a region 1 dvd that you could borrow. Multi-region is normally specified at point of sale or advert. You can do a search for multi-region enablers/decoders. You buy a remote and/or instructions to reprogram your machine. You can even find them on ebay. Expect to pay £8-£12. If you bought your Sony from an independent retailer, there is a good chance they will be able to re-code it for you if it has not been done already. It is not a hardware issue.

Hope this helps.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts