multi-strand cable for Diamond 9.1 to Rotel a11 Tribute

Shay.M

Apr 22, 2021
Visit site
I have speakers Wharfedel Diamond 9.1 and will have a new Rotel A11 Tribute. Which multi-strand cables I should buy if the use is mainly CD player or Phono with Blues and Rock?

I have speakers Wharfedel Diamond 9.1 and will have a new Rotel A11 Tribute. Which multi-strand cables I should buy if the use is mainly CD player or Phono with Blues and Rock?
anything within your budget that is well built with good quality connections would be my suggestion, cables don't care what your sources are.....
Hopefully there will be other sensible input here and it doesn't descend into another cables fracas

Last edited:
Reactions: 12th Monkey

podknocker

anything within your budget that is well built with good quality connections would be my suggestion, cables don't care what your sources are.....
Hopefully there will be other sensible input here and it doesn't descend into another cables fracas
'Cables fracas'. I laughed out loud, when I read this. I sometimes feel sorry for the moderators here. They must be fed up of seeing constant bun fights over cables. So funny.

Reactions: 12th Monkey

Dom

I must agree with Al ears here. The better construction of materials used in the interconnects the more rewarding they will be, and it's true...
Some cables are so expensive they just seem like foobar, but it's not.
I'm not sure how many hours they take sorting this stuff out for us but rest assured £200+ on interconnects will be dream like true experience.
Good interconnects actually need time to maximise out and sound great. On top of that they also look amazing.
Tell me Shay.M, what's not to like.

Futureshop.co.uk QED Signature Audio 40 Cable Pair £163.95

Gray

Hello
Thanks for the answer
Do I need banana plugs to connect the Rotel or it can be good with bare wire connection?.
S
The use of banana plugs as opposed to bare wire means:
No bare-end oxidisation.
No risk of short circuits from stray strands.
No hassle disconnection / reconnection.

Unlike many cables themselves, decent plugs can be worth every penny 👍

Dom

The use of banana plugs as opposed to bare wire means:
No bare-end oxidisation.
No risk of short circuits from stray strands.
No hassle disconnection / reconnection.

Unlike many cables themselves, decent plugs can be worth every penny 👍
Hey, Grey. Your right, the plugs themselves are designed to deal with situations like this, but there also built, so your Hifi sings to soothe your ears, I personally love my professionally soldered AudioQuest silver 100 banana plugs. They sound considerably better than off-the-shelf bananas. 🧡

Hey, Grey. Your right, the plugs themselves are designed to deal with situations like this, but there also built, so your Hifi sings to soothe your ears, I personally love my professionally soldered AudioQuest silver 100 banana plugs. They sound considerably better than off-the-shelf bananas. 🧡
Interesting.....
Though I must say I cannot see how a plug is going to change the sound in any way, unless it is defective of course, as its not something you can test without involving a cable...... :cool:

camcroft

I use the 6mm shotgun style and I wouldn't change it for the world. I have Atlas ,Chord and the likes that I bought following this sites 5 star ratings and they are gathering dust never to be used again.

Reactions: Gray

Gray

I have about 50 meters of the 4mm up-lcofc shotgun style in my system. More than happy with it.
You've got 50 metres of speaker cable in your current system Michael? :oops:

It's certainly cheaper per metre when you get a 50m drum from the likes of CPC.
This is £7.89 per metre:
(I was even thinking about the possibility of getting a 50m drum of 6mm stuff - and sharing it - and the cost between 6 or 7 willing buyers).
But I wouldn't expect anyone to need the whole 50 metres.

Reactions: Shay.M

michael hoy

You've got 50 metres of speaker cable in your current system Michael? :oops:

It's certainly cheaper per metre when you get a 50m drum from the likes of CPC.
This is £7.89 per metre:
(I was even thinking about the possibility of getting a 50m drum of 6mm stuff - and sharing it - and the cost between 6 or 7 willing buyers).
But I wouldn't expect anyone to need the whole 50 metres.
I couldn't believe how much i used either. I did by it on a reel as you say it was cheaper.
I used Black Rhodium locking banana plugs to terminate.

Reactions: Gray and Al ears

daveh75

Have a word with yourself (Edited by moderation).

Last edited by a moderator:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts