Multi-Room Hi-Fi System Advice

adrianp33

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
Hello all,

I'm looking for advice on a multi-room set up, built around a new amplified/hifi set up. In short, I am looking to keep wired speakers in the living room, and have the ability to connect up my existing turntable and CD player to the new amp/system. I am also looking for the ability to connect up wireless speakers for other areas in the house. DAB and or streaming radio would be nice too.

The Sonos AMP looks a poor compromise - and only has one analogue audio input, and to build SONOS into a brand new reciever/amp system appears to me to be an expensive option. Is there a system that can do it all in one box?

In short, I am looking for an Amplifier/reciever, or decent hi-fi system with wired and wireless speaker capability, with more than one input available? Radio - DAB or Streaming would be nice too.

Got £1000-ish to spend at the moment...

Cheers,

Adrian

I have recently gone down this route.

My advise would be to hold off for now, as it looks like there is going to be some new mulitroom speakers and streamers to come out in September at the IFA.

I brought a Yamaha musicast pre amp/dac wxc50 that has multiroom capability, which I'm very happy with. I trialled some all in ones boxes and personally felt separate boxes for digital functions and amplification was better for sound quality. I haven't heard the standalone Yamaha wireless speakers but have read some good reviews.

Blusound multiroom systems normally get good reviews and which offer there own products plus are contained within some NAD products. However starting at a higher price point compared to Yamaha products. Also looks like Dali active speakers will start using them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts